Sunday, May 04, 2014

Guest Post: 10 Things Bonnie Needs While Writing: Bonnie Edwards: Author of Slow Hand

10 Things Bonnie Needs While Writing

1) A great idea and interesting characters.

2) A good night's sleep will always improve my level of creative energy.

3) Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.

4) Relative quiet. (I don't like music while I write: I think I get a lot of ideas while listening to rock and I do NOT need more ideas leaping around in my head)

5) Breaks for exercise and long walks with our Standard poodle, where I work out nagging plot problems with my husband. (and the dog: don't poop there...move over here...oh, hey, I need to move that scene to later)

6) Deadlines always help me focus and get the job done faster.

7) How-to-write books...I often refresh myself on an aspect of craft while I'm stumped. I can see where the problem is, I just need to remind myself of the solution, so my library of writing books is beside my desk.

8) A hairball-free office chair is always nice. (see pic - don't worry it's not that gross)

9) A husband who likes to cook! 


10) And last, but not least, a sense that my family is fine. When things are not going well, and I have worries, I read lots of romance, but I find it hard to focus on writing it. But I think that's part of being a woman as well as being a writer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code