Thursday, April 17, 2014

Celebrity Interview: Julie Oyang: Novelist, Screenwriter, Filmmaker, Visual Artist: China Noir: Butterfly

Julie O’Yang, Europe-based novelist, screenwriter/filmmaker & visual artist, will soon launch China Noir, a political thriller; plus a resplendent 10-epidode fiction drama series set in the Tang Dynasty. Her fiction, short fiction, essays and film reviews have featured in international renowned publications. Her most recent title, Butterfly, a novel, received praises from global audiences as well as literary reviewers and critics around the world. Julie is nominated for MICRO AWARDS.


Your real name and pen name?
 欧阳 Julie Oyang.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Please wait for the film.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
My bank account.

What hurts you most in this world.
Exploitation.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
Life.

How did you overcome it?
Walk away. I can’t.


If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Genghis Kahn. I like his horse.

When did you start writing?
It’s a mistake I’m trying to correct every day.

What is the purpose of your writing?
To earn money.

Which of your work has been published so far?
Four novels and two translations.
Butterfly is my most recent title. Buy my book on Amazon


Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
www.julieoyang.com. I made the site for people to visit.

What are your forthcoming writings?
Various plans and manuscripts in my laptop.

What are your future plans?
To be happy.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
Coffee, silence, music. And walk away from my computer whenever I can.

How much real life goes into a fiction writing?
100%.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?
Yes.


Your dream destination on Earth?
I support moon tourism.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.
China. Too many to mention.

What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
The people. The food. I can talk about food at 2am. Please wake me up for a good bowl of noodles.

Your favorite time of the day?
Twilight.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?
Gemini.
Monkey.

Your favorite color and why?
The rainbow.


Your favorite book and why?
Skellig by David Almond. It’s thin and rich.
And my dictionary. It’s thick and it takes considerable knowledge to realize the extent of one’s own ignorance.


Your favorite celebrity and why?
My reader.

Some quickies:
Sun or Moon,
Laughter or Smile,
Morning or Evening,
Coffee or Tea,
Mountain or Sea,
Long Drive or Short Drive,
Silence or Conversation,
Water or Fire,
Air or Earth,
Mars or Jupiter,
Moon or Sun,
Tulip or Rose,
Red or Blue,
Left or Right,
Glance or Stare

What three words come to your mind for each –

Technology
Good bad ugly

Life
I love you

Humanity
No matter what

Terrorism
Makes me cry

Racism
Fucking hates me

Childhood Abuse
Goldmine for writers

Love
Two worst inventions

Parenting
I hope that

Old age
Very quickly this

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

Presence of a brilliant brainwave

The last line of your autobiography would be…

Give me some lemons.

Links: 

Twitter handle:@esjewel

Facebook page: Julie Oyang

Goodreads author page:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code