Thursday, April 17, 2014

Author Interview: Nicole Jennings: The Seduction Game series

She grew up and went to college in Mickey Mouse land (sunny Florida). After college she ventured to Boston, and later to California, where she now resides. Growing up an only child, she learned early on how to use her imagination to the fullest when the neighborhood kids had to go home for the night. Adventure and creativity drive her daily life, when she's not writing, drawing, or acting, she's going on road trips, or hiking new canyon trails with her dog.

Your real name and pen name? 

If I revealed my secret identity, I’d lose my superhero powers. I go by Nicole Jennings.

About your education

 I went to school for biology.

What career did you plan during your education days

 It’s funny, everything I’ve wanted to do involves long hours, hard work, and little pay unless you are at the very top of the career ladder. I didn’t plan my career very well, just followed my heart. I always wanted to be an Actress, Writer, and a Marine Biologist, and I’ve done all three.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

Anne Boylen, before she got on the King’s bad side. To have the power to make a King leave his wife and change his religion all for you, must be incredibly intoxicating.

What is your favorite genre and why? 

I don’t have a favorite, I just like a good story. I’m pretty sure my bookshelf has more personalities than a psych ward.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing? 

The first story I remember writing was in grade school, about a killer fog. It was about twenty pages, hand written in pencil. I think I scared my teacher when she read it. I write because the characters get in my head and it’s the only way to get them to stop pestering me.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work? 

The Seduction Game series has been published. It’s a story that follows the lives of Sarah and Amy, as they make a game of pursuing rich, desirable men.  The End Game, which is coming out at the end of April, leaves Sarah completely smitten with a previous target. While sleeping with men for sport was fun, she learns just how much fun a real connection with the man of her dreams can be. 


What are your forthcoming writings? 

Aside from the End Game, I’m working on a romantic suspense novel that actually inspired The Seduction Game. One of the Seduction Game targets is the Hero of the novel.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book? 

Having a drink (either wine, or tea, depending on the intensity of the scene), Going to the bathroom, refilling drink, going to the bathroom. Nothing else matters while writing.


How much real life goes into a fiction writing? 

Personally, I let some of the wonderful people in my life inspire characters. Then I like to throw them into impossible situations.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author? 

I can’t speak for Non-Fiction, but I assume the answer is the same. Are hands needed to become a surgeon?

Your dream destination on Earth? 

You’re putting limitations on an author?


Your favorite time of the day? 

When someone smiles at me and says hello.

Your zodiac/ sunsign? 

I straddle the fence between Gemini and Taurus, but my personality is way more Gemini. 

Some quickies: 
Sun or Moon, 
Laughter or Smile,
Morning or Evening,
Coffee or Tea,
Mountain or Sea, 
Long Drive or Short Drive, 
Silence or Conversation, 
Water or Fire, 
Air or Earth,
Mars or Jupiter,
Tulip or Rose,
Red or Blue,
Left or Right, 
Glance or Stare

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

 Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. By Winston Churchill


The last line of your autobiography would be… 

We tried to tell her not to do it.

Links: 
Twitter handle: NJenningsWrites

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code