Saturday, October 05, 2013

Author Interview: Anmol Rana: Expectation Is An Inseparable Enemy Of Love

I read his book Seven Days Without You a couple of months back and had liked the unique style of perceiving an idea and having a superb quality of projecting it in a eye catching way to grab attention of readers. This love story revolves around Vishwas and his introspective and insightful journey for seven days to finally understand the reality between love and infatuation.

A warm welcome to Anmol Rana who lives in one of the most beautiful and lovely places to live – Dehradun – a place quite near to mother nature.

About your education

Till my high school I have studied in one of the finest schools of India, in Mussoorie. Then there was a financial crisis in the family and I couldn't continue with my education in that school. I did my senior secondary from a Hindi medium government school from Dehra Dun. My entire schooling couldn't teach me what that one crisis did. Away from my parents at fourteen I knew what struggle is.


What career did you plan during your education days


That I'll answer honestly. 
When I was in Mussoorie, my best schooling days, I wanted to become like Diego Maradona. I was good at soccer. Still.
When I was in Dehradun, my worst schooling days, I wanted to become like Ajay Devgan - standing on two bikes and stretching his legs across to cross a road-dvider. DON'T LAUGH OK!
When I came into college, I found something new inside me - A singer. "I want to learn music and become like Sonu Nigam" - I said to my father. He didn't reply, just stopped my pocket money. It was then that I was enlightened with the mantra than runs human lives in this world - 'Baap Bada Na Bhaiyaa, Sabse Bada Rupaiyaa.' I started giving tuition ( Although I just panik now thinking what those kids would be doing now). To teach them for one hour, I worked on myself for two. It was like taking money for learning from students. Although I had passed my science subjects with grace marks I taught (learnt) science to (from) them. And after a few years I suddenly saw an identity card hanging over my chest that read Anmol Rana - Scientist.  So now I say that yes I wanted to become a Scientist and bla bla bla....

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

Inspiration is a random phenomenon. Anything can inspire you. Let everything come to you but don't forget to put a guard at the gates of your mind. When I am not very extrovert, inside there is a different Anmol who is always keen and curious to know, think and talk with honesty what others try to ignore or are afraid of talking about. That Anmol inspires me and even drives me.

What hurts you most in this world

Insensitivity and ignorance. I feel wounded when I come across anyone who pretends to be what he is not, and vice versa.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?


My marriage was the biggest challenge I have ever faced. It was an inter caste marriage - Brahmin and Rajput. And how did I overcome it, you would know in coming time through one of my books.


If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?


"Intellectual need a reason. Public need a belief". I would like to live a day of Adolf Hitler's life. I want to see with my eyes how did he move a nation to follow his dreams. 

What is your favorite genre and why?

As a reader I don't choose any book based on genre. If the blurb forces me to open the first page of the book, I pick it up irrespective of its genre.
As a writer I want to repeat only my style, not type. So no specific genre here either.


What is the purpose of your writing?


If you ask a reader, what is the purpose of its reading, what would he say. It's fun, passion and love. That's it. 


Which of your work published so far?


"Seven Days Without You" is my debut and only published book. I have written a few articles for newspapers, but that's an old story now. 


What are your forthcoming writings?


You will know soon.


What are your future plans?


No plans. I like surprises.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Different.
Simple and engaging.
Style of dialogue delivery. 
Style of narration. 

Your dream destination on Earth?

Newzealand.
Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

Born, brought up and made in INDIA. I like the volatility of life in India.


What is your zodiac?


Pisces


What one thing in your life you wish had not happened?


I should have not become a writer. My life was free until this happened. Now I am under pressure. 


What is your definition of fear and how to overcome it?


Fear is a state of mind. When you underestimate yourself, when you don't know yourself and when you don't accept yourself, fear is born. If you don't want fear to occupy your mind, vaccinate it with the knowledge of self and life.


How would you define God in your words?


Anybody in this universe that can be defined with a sex 'ling' is a part of 'shiv ling'. So, I am god. You are god. We all are gods.


What are your further/ future plans?


Become a known and good man. And for that I will work hard, do my work sincerely, be socially aware,connected and dedicated, and write more books.


What are your views on love? What is true love?


Love is a emotion that works like a like a catalyst that affects your life dramatically, if overdosed then drastically. Expectation is an inseparable enemy of love. Expectations is the key factor that if not handled properly sprouts a cold war in love. To keep love love, one must dilute its acidic nature with the base honesty, trust, and priority.

If you can tell your woman that you still masturbate fantasizing about the most sexy woman in your office, you truly love her.

How much Vishwas Rana the lead character of Seven Days Without You resembles to Anmol Rana the writer?

Vishwas is my child, so are the other ten. Half characteristics imagined, Vishwas is half me.  


badge buzzoole code