Monday, March 25, 2013

Author Interview: Hally Willmott: Cover Release Of Awakenings


Let us start with your childhood days and briefly discuss about some sweet memories

My childhood was anything from ordinary.  My father was a contract miner and because he went where ever work sent him, my entire family moved around a lot as I was growing up.  The one constant in my life was reading.

Tell us about your study days

I attended three different schools until my family moved to Sudbury.  I finished high school (Marymount College an all girls school) and went on to Cambrian College in Sudbury and obtained a diploma in Fitness and Leisure Management.  I then attended Laurentian University but was offered employment at the Greater Sudbury Police three months before I received my degree in Phys Ed.  (Of course I took the job)

How and when did you happen to meet your soul mate?

I met my soul mate, my husband Jerry at work.  We met in 1999 and were engaged by the fall of 2000 and married in 2001.

What career did you opt for and why?

I became a Police Officer because I always wanted to help people.

What made you to decide on becoming a writer?

I have always wanted to be a writer.  I was an avid reader from the time I could pick up a book.  I still have poems and short stories I wrote from grade 8!

Which genre did you choose and why?

I chose Young Adult as the genre for my writing.  I chose it because it is the genre I like to read the most. 

Tell us about the story of your forthcoming book Awakenings?

‘Awakenings’ came to me initially in a dream in 2009.  It was only a flash of a girl floating in a cabin covered in a bright white /yellow light.  It stuck with me and I decided to write it down.  From the moment I started writing it, it really wrote it self.  I still have days where I’ll go back and read something I’ve written and say wow...I didn't know it was going to go that way.

Why the title “Awakenings”?

The characters in the book experience their ‘Awakenings’ at different stages in their lives -Their Awakening introduces them to the magical world of Nemele and reveals which gifts or talents they have been bestowed.

Does Jacey, your main character of Awakenings, carries some part of Hally in her?

I believe initially Jacey carried some of Hally in her.  However, she is evolving into her own unique character with every page I write.

The cover of your book is too fascinating, would you like to tell us its journey from inception to reality?

The cover is all Limitless Publishing.  They chose the cover and I have to admit, when I first saw it, I cried.  I was overwhelmed with emotion - good emotion.  The cover speaks to the dreaming phases in the book as well as the symbols which are throughout it. 


Note: You can visit Hally Willmott on her blog site and her facebook page
badge buzzoole code