Sunday, February 21, 2016

Charlotte Howard – Seven Dirty Words



Charlotte Howard’s first novel Seven Dirty Words was published in 2010




Charlotte Howard, born in Oman, is a British author




Charlotte Howard spent much of the first part of her life navigating between Oman, Scotland, and England.








Charlotte Howard – Seven Dirty Words

British author Charlotte Howard was born in Oman and spent much of the first part of her life navigating between Oman, Scotland, and England. Now settled in Somerset, Charlotte lives with her husband, two children, and a growing menagerie of pets. Her career as a  writer began at an early age, with a poem being featured in an anthology for  the East Midlands. Since then, Charlotte has written many short stories and  poems, and finally wrote her first full-length piece of fiction in 2010. Her  debut novel, “Seven Dirty Words,” was published in January 2013, with the  sequel, “Four Letter Words,” in early 2014. During what little spare time she has, Charlotte enjoys reading and writing (of course), spending time with her family, and watching action movies, whilst eating curry and drinking tea.

 Your real name and pen name?

Charlotte Howard - I write under my real name.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
I have so many. Most of them revolve around growing up in a small village on the Nottingham / Lincoln border, right on the river Trent and getting into trouble! I think one of my favourite memories is from when the river burst its banks and flooded the tracks. The water came right up to the village, and you could only just see the tops of the trees in the fields. We dressed the dog up in wellies and waterproofs to take her for a walk.

Charlotte Howard – Seven Dirty Words

About your education
I didn't concentrate an awful lot at school and although I left with my GCSEs, I didn't do so well in my A-Levels and it wasn't until I was 20 that I decided to put myself through college. I love to learn now, though and am always doing a course of some description. I have certificates in pet nutrition & writing fiction, BTECs in horse management and makeup artistry, an NCFE in animal holistic healing and am currently doing my CACHE Level 3 in supported teaching and learning.

What career did you plan during your education days
I always wanted to be a vet, but when that didn't work out I went into veterinary nursing instead.

What languages you can speak and write?
My first language is English, but I can get by in French, German and Spanish. I also know a few words in Arabic, and basic Makaton Sign Language.

Charlotte Howard – Seven Dirty Words

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
My family, but, in particular, my Mum. She's a very strong woman and taught us all how to be independent.

What is your favorite genre and why?
I don’t really have a favourite genre. I do prefer murder mysteries but also love a good contemporary romance.
When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
I've written short stories and poems for as long as I can remember - my first poem was published back in 1995 in an anthology. But it was 2010 when I started writing novels. I write because I enjoy it.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
Seven Dirty Words was published in January 2013 by Rocking Horse Publishing: A hot, contemporary romance, it revolves around the story of Paige Holmes. Whilst trying to overcome a traumatic past, she finds herself torn between two men - Vance Ellery (known as TDS - Tall, Dark, and Smouldering), and Matt Jackson. It's not long before she realises that they know each other and she must make a choice. Handsome, rich and dangerous, or handsome, rich and safe?

Four Letter Words is due to be published in January 2014 by Rocking Horse Publishing: This is the follow-on story to Seven Dirty Words. Paige has made her choice, but when the letters start and she finds herself in danger yet again she is forced to question her decisions.

Charlotte Howard – Seven Dirty Words

What are your forthcoming writings?
I've written a short novel (currently untitled) about a young woman who is in love with her best-friend, which is under submission with a publisher. I am currently writing a novel (untitled) about a 37-year-old single Mum of 4, trying to juggle life, work, and love.

What are your future plans?
Keep writing!

Your dream destination on Earth?
I've always wanted to visit St. Lucia - the most romantic island on Earth.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I was born in Oman but have also lived in Scotland and England. I've been to the Qatar, Netherlands, France, Spain, Mexico, and Wales. I love travelling and visiting new countries to take in the different cultures. I love trying something new.

Your favorite time of the day?
Morning - It takes me a while to wake up, but once I am, I love the mornings.

Your zodiac/ sun sign?
Gemini

Your favorite color and why?
Black, purple, or turquoise – I think that stems back to my teenage Gothic years.
Your favorite book and why?
There are so many! Probably the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – it’s the one book I can read over and over again.
Your favorite food?
Curry - Chicken Tikka Biryani is my favourite.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Moon or Sun, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare
Moon, Laughter, Morning, Tea, Mountain, Long Drive, Silence, Water, Air, Jupiter, Tulip, Red, Left, Glance.

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
"Slippers, or stilettos?"

The last line of your autobiography would be…
To be continued...

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can  apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code