Saturday, July 18, 2015

Author Interview: @cleoscornavacca A Licensed Aesthetician, Makeup Artist And Nutritionist



Cleo Scornavacca is a wife and a mother. She resides in the Northeastern, United States. Cleo has worked as Make-Up Artist in the Luxury Retail Industry.

In 2012, Cleo began writing Miss Taken (book one in the Miss Taken Identity Trilogy). She published Miss Taken in 2013 and Identity (book two) in 2014. She is currently working on several projects, including Sibling Rivalry, book three, and the final installment in the Miss Taken Identity series. Sibling Rivalry will be published in 2015.

In addition, Cleo is working on two standalone novels, titled: Club Paradise and The House on Leighton Avenue. The released dates for both of these books are still undecided.

Cleo loves bringing stories and characters that will make you laugh, cry, love, hate and maybe become slightly crazy about. Let's face it, we can all use some crazy now and then.

When Cleo is not writing, she is spending time with her family and friends, reading romance novels and books about Italy, listening to 80's metal bands, watching movies from Hollywood's Golden Age and of course, squishing her feet in the sand down the Jersey Shore, every chances she gets.

Your real name and pen name?

I write under my real name Cleo Scornavacca

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

I loved spending Christmas Eve visiting relatives and making traditional Italians cookies. Going with my Nana & Papa to Asbury Park

About your education?

I'm a licensed Aesthetician, Makeup Artist, and Nutritionist

What career did you plan during your education days?

I love animals and wanted to be a VET, but I would have a hard time with the death of an animal. It would have been too hard for me.

What languages can you speak and write?

I speak English and I'm interested in learning Italian

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

Im inspired by my family, friends, and readers. They are always there to support me and lift me up when I'm overwhelmed.



What hurts you most in this world?

Cruelty to animals, its heart wrenching.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

Meeting new people, I was bullied when I was younger and my parents were always there to help me through things, but when I grew up I was afraid of social situations. I think social media has really helped me to interact more.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

VC ANDREWs, the author. I read her as a teenager and her books made me love reading and writing even more. I would love to be able to write as well as her and to have come up with so many stories and scenarios.



What is your favorite genre and why?

Romance I love that although it's fictional, it can mimic real situations or challenges and then on the other hand it can be whimsical and take you away from real life, as well.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

I started writing in school but never pursued a career until 3 years ago. I started writing for me, to give my life more meaning, to challenge myself.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

Miss Taken (book one in the Miss Taken Identity Series) was published 2013 and Identity (book two in the series) was published 2014.



Here is the synopsis for Miss Taken:
Love........................The Ultimate Loss of Control
Rain and Raven Medici are identical twins. Although they come from a loving close-knit family their childhoods couldnt have been more different. Raven went to school and was exposed freely to the outside world. Rain, on the other hand, was born with a blood disorder and denied many normal childhood experiences.
Once grown, Raven becomes a lawyer at their dads firm Kane & Medici in NYC. Rain along with her only childhood friend Tommy Conte builds a very successful business as professional photographers. Traveling between Europe and Manhattan, and enjoying the world that was kept from her, Rain vows never to be controlled again.
Dominick Kane is a product of his upbringing. Hes powerful, self-assured and knows he can achieve anything he desires. Nothing gets in his way. There is only one thing he has ever failed at. A relationship with his father Vincent Kane.
Upon his fathers death, Dominick vows revenge. The events he sets in a motion put him on a collision course he himself will be unable to control.
     In a bizarre twist of fate, Dominick kidnaps Raven as part
of his plan for revenge. Only to discover afterward, he has taken Rain by mistake.
Rain knows she can never survive being confined again. So she strikes a bargain with the devil and agrees to help Dominick get back what he feels rightly belongs to him. His fathers share of Kane & Medici.
Dominick decides to use the strong attraction growing between Rain and himself to control her in every way imaginable. Too bad no one ever taught Dominick that you cant control the heart. Nothing could have prepared him for the effect Rain would have on his.
Will this plan of revenge turn into unconditional love? Or will Dominick and Rains need for control ultimately destroy them and any possible chance for a real future together......
What are your forthcoming writings?

Sibling Rivalry book three and the final novel is due out 2015
and then a spin-off standalone called Within Six Months winter 2015
Also, I'm working with several other authors on an Anthology to raise money for the Ataxia Foundation. The book is called:
This Beautiful Escape (1 & 2) November 2015



What genres you write in and why?

I write Romance because its what I love to read and relate to.

What keeps you motivating towards writing?
I love when readers tell me how they felt about my work, whether it made them happy or sad or angry. I feel as long as my work can evoke an emotional response, I'm doing something worthwhile.

If Writing a Book is taken as a project, What are the key essentials you take care of in Project Management?

I write an outline, and I keep a schedule of how many works I would like to write per day, when it should go to edits, ordering the cover etc.

How do you plan, schedule and monitor your writing commitments?

I plan before I start the next story, but I also keep a journal with me in case an idea comes into my head and I'm not near the computer. I do author takeovers but try to limit myself on social media, because although marketing is very important and staying connected to readers, I cant let it take away from my actually writing time.

What are your future plans?

I hope some day to be able to write full time. I will continue to pursue all aspects of writing and hopefully become traditionally published one day. I am also planning on writing a skin and nutrition book.

What is generally your preference in reading – a paper book or ebook? And why?

I like the feel of a real book, but may indie author only have ebooks, so I do read both.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Not repeating verbs
Having the characters converse more, versus telling a story. Making sure the cover is perfect
Keeping my readers updated



How much real life goes into a fiction writing?

I think there is a great deal of real life situations, such as couples that struggle etc, but I also believe couples in romance can be taking to all different levels because the story is fictional.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?

I think you do, so the story is different and stands out, but it still needs to be relatable.

Your dream destination on Earth?

Capri, Italy.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed?

I was born in the US and I have not had the opportunity to travel abroad as of yet.

What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I know I would love to see other cultures traditions, food, clothes etc

Your favorite time of the day?

Early Morning when the sun comes up and the world is still quiet

Your zodiac/ sun sign?

Leo

Your favorite color and why?

Black. I know its a shade, but it goes with everything.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading?

The last book I read was out of my comfort zone, but very well written. It was called Break Her by BG Harlen.

Im currently re-reading Total Fitness and Beauty by actress Raquel Welch. It s about Bikram Yoga, which I am starting to do again.

Your favorite book and why?

Night Gardening by EL Swann. Its a romance novel, but the story is about Romance that happens later in life. It is such a beautiful piece.

Your favorite movie and why?

Miracle on 34th Street (the black and white version) I love the story becuase its about faith. A quote from the movie is : “Faith is believing in things when common sense tell you not to.” - Maureen OHara

Your favorite celebrity and why?

Diane Keaton. Amazing actress, does things her way, dresses her way. Doesnt go with the status quo.



Your favorite food?

Chicken Tenders. I know its boring, but no one can mess them up.

Your favorite sports?

Im not a traditional sports person. I like surfing.

What is the force that drives you?

Its not something I can touch or truly explain. It an invisible passion and love for the characters. I could be totally exhausted but when the characters talk, I put my pen to paper.  I thank God everyday for this privilege.

What comes to your mind when you think of India?

I know that to say the Taj Mahal is probably an obvious answer, but other things that come to mind are Tandoori Bread ( I love it), Colorful Saris, and Yoga. A  world culture with many traditions.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare, Fame or Money, Boy or Girl, Day or Night, Tree or Plant, Love or Passion

Sun
Smile
Morning
Coffee
Sea
Long Drive
Silence
 Water
Air
Jupiter
Rose
Red
Right
Glance
Fame (not Hollywood fame, but for being a good writer, making the best sellers list)
Girl
Night
Tree
Love

What three words come to your mind for each – Technology, Life, God, Humanity, Terrorism, Racism, Childhood Abuse, Love, Parenting, Old age

Technology: Connection, Books, Inventions
Life: Family, Friends, Traditions
Humanity: Kindness, Connection, Life
Terrorism: Sadness, Senseless, Violence
Racism: Sadness, Anger, Tears
Childhood Abuse: Sadness, Anger, Tears
Love: Happiness, Support, Passion
Parenting: Love, Protection, Tears
Old Age: Knowledge, Respect, Wisdom

First thing you do in the morning after waking up?

Kiss my dog Brayden. He is the last face I see when I go to sleep and the first face I see in the morning.

Last thing to do before sleep?
same as above ******

If one fine morning you wake up and find your sex changed to opposite, what will be your first reaction?

Great, now I have to shave my face.

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

It doesnt belong to me, but its my favorite American Indian quote/proverb:
“We will forever be known by the tracks we leave”

The last line of your autobiography would be...

Thank you for spending some time to get to know me.

The title of your autobiography would be... 

Evergreen
( Because an Evergreen lives through all seasons. Growing, yet at times being still. The strength of the wood, yet still able to sway in the wind. The branches are different aspects of growth. The dead is renewal. But most importantly it reminds me of Jesus, the wood, the sacrifice, the green is eternity, ever-green.)

Out of the cave means?
My book is complete.

Links: all books are on amazon thru my authors link below
Publisher: self published
Twitter handle: www.twitter.com/cleoscornavacca
Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleo-Scornavacca/ 1391542211082836
Goodreads author page: www.goodreads.com/author/show/ 7242174.Cleo_Scornavacca

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Cleo-Scornavacca/e/B00FW92ILS Any other links: http://cleoscornavacca.wix.com/cleoscornavacca 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code