Friday, April 11, 2014

Author Interview: Dianne Harman: Blue Coyote Motel, Tea Party Teddy, Coyote in Provence

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
I lived several places and the Rocky Mountain picnics and times at the Florida beach bring back great memories.

About your education
I went my first two years to Kansas State University. After I got married and my husband completed his stint in the Army, I did my last two years at the University of California, Los Angeles.

What career did you plan during your education days?
I was an English Major and thought I would be an editor.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
Wow! What a question. I can’t say it’s any one thing. Nature continues to inspire me. I mean, when you see a plant growing up in the teeniest crack in concrete, that’s an inspiration!

What hurts you most in this world?
The “haves” not caring more for the “have-nots.”

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?
To step outside the box and live my life in a way that’s meaningful to me. How I did it? Just followed my instincts and believed in myself.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Buddha, because I believe in the philosophy that we create our own karma.

What is your favorite genre and why?
I have come to really enjoy Suspense, particularly Romantic Suspense and I have no idea why!

What is the purpose of your writing?
I can’t say that it has a purpose. I’m not planning on changing the world. If anything, I give voice to the stories that come up in my mind.

Which of your work published so far?
I have two published works presently out: Blue Coyote Motel and Tea Party Teddy. Within the next couple of week, the sequel to Blue Coyote will be published, Coyote in Provence.

What are your forthcoming writings?
The third in the Coyote series, Coyote Comes Home. Then I have two more in the Teddy series that I’m editing, but they are not titled. I’m also editing a “boomer” novel that interests me. I think it will be a series, but unnamed as of now.

What are your future plans?
Future plans will be the writings.


Your dream destination on Earth?
Tuscany, Italy.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.
I was born in the United States and have traveled a bit. I’ve been to Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, France, Spain, Italy, England, Ireland, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica and probably a couple of more.

What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I love seeing new things and meeting people from different cultures.

Your favorite time of the day?
Pre-sunrise. All’s quiet then.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?
I’m a true Sagittarius

Your favorite color and why?
I like rust and that whole range of colors. Probably reminds me sunsets over the ocean.

Your favorite book and why?
I don’t have just one. It tends to be whatever I’m reading at the moment and that changes daily.

Your favorite celebrity and why?
I’m a fan of any celebrity who uses his/her status to help the environment or others.

Your favorite food?

Pasta, hands down!

Links:

Blue Coyote Motel, http://amzn.to/SO8uIj
Tea Party Teddy, http://amzn.to/ZgKwIB

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code