Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Author Interview: Julie Milillo: Immortal Sin Trilogy

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography
She was born and raised in New Jersey. She has one brother and has always had a dog in her life.She went to Middletown High School North and attended Brookdale Community College where she graduated with an Associate's Degree in Theater and Liberal Arts.
Her hobbies include writing, singing, acting, drawing and baking. Her inspiration for her stories derive from the experiences and people she has known in her life. She also enjoy movies, music, reading, theater and dogs.
Let us welcome Julie Milillo on board!


Your real name and pen name? 
 Julie Milillo (same as my pen name)

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood.
Some of my best memories include spending quality time with my brother, Mitchell and spending time with my family and friends on the holidays.
I loved to play with my first dog, Bunky who was half Poodle and half Maltese.
I started theater when I was six years old and I loved exploring the stage with each production I participated in.

About your education:
I graduated from Middletown High School North and received my Associate's Degree from Brookdale Community College in Theater and Liberal Arts.

What career did you plan during your education days?
I had a few different plans from planning to go to New York for Theater and auditioning to be on Broadway, to flying down to Disney and working for the happiest place on Earth as a performer or cartoonist.
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography

What languages you can speak and write?
I'm not as educated in other cultures than my own, unfortunately. Only took some basic Spanish back in school.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
I've never had anyone specific that I looked up to however, I had such a strong passion to do the things I love that it pushed my to work harder and further. I always wanted to be successful doing something I loved and that was enough to keep me driven enough to stay focused on what I felt like I needed or wanted most in life.

What hurts you most in this world?
I think respect for others has dwindled down significantly. I think respect and caring for one another is very important. I think it's part of humanity to care, to love, to respect one another for who we are. When someone does something nice for someone, it's usually a pleasant surprise rather than something I feel should be done on a regular basis. The smallest thing or gesture can be appreciated and even touch someone, despite the other person realizing it.
I also don't like how the world is so quickly paced now a days. There's always a rush, there's always expectations. 

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Self confidence has always been a struggle for me. From physicality to simply making sure nothing is able to bring me down. It's a constant struggle for many to keep your head up and stay confident. But I feel like if you truly believe in something, first and foremost, yourself, you can stand on your own two feet and prove to the world that you can withstand anything.
Staying true to yourself and coming to a realization that anything really IS possible if you work hard, put your mind to it and keep a strong heart.
You have to be open minded and willing to take on anything that gets in your way without it bringing you down.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Honestly, given my passion for theater, I would love to live the life of a leading role in a Broadway production or musical for a day. It's always been a dream of mine to be on one of those stages.

What is your favorite genre and why?
Paranormal/Fantasy/Fiction
These have always intrigued me because they open the door to a place outside of this world, outside of reality you live every day. It enables your imagination to run wild with anything one wants to create. Who wouldn't want to take a vacation from the real world and explore another world on the pages of a book or even in a film? Inside the world of Fiction, anything can come to live, even the most wild fantasies and dreams can come true in the mind once you get sucked into a Fiction Novel.
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
Since I was young, I loved to write poems, lyrics and short stories, whether it was for school or just for fun. I loved creating interesting stories, all fictional. I had a tendency to incorporate people I've known or things I have gone through. It was easier to get it out on paper and express them in that way than to keep it all inside. Sometimes, I think it was a way for me to vent about life, to express how I was feeling at the time I created them.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
I currently have two books published, of which both belong to The Immortal Sin Trilogy.
Immortal Sin:
One Girl. Two Worlds. Three Questions. What lies beneath the hidden secret? Can love rise above the inevitable? And most importantly, where will her fate lead her?
Amanda Chaste had lived an average life in New Jersey, cared for by her loving grandmother. But when she unexpectedly meets a stranger from out of town, her world is drastically thrown upside down. A hidden secret has been buried in the past and not even Amanda can save herself from her own fate.
Conflicted and tormented within her own flesh, discovering her true identity will prove to be something that will change her life forever.

Immortal Descent:
How far would you fall for answers? 
Amanda has accepted her new life and the darkness has become more appealing than ever before because of Mitch. But when her world is thrown into a drastic downward spiral, she is left questioning everything.
Amanda embarks on a nightmarish adventure and her faith is put to the ultimate test as she journeys onward to discover the true meaning behind family, love and her destiny between good and evil.

What are your forthcoming writings?
The third and final installment of The Immortal Sin Trilogy I hope to have out by the end of 2014/beginning of 2015 depending on how things go this year. I have plenty of new ideas for upcoming books that I plan to write in the near future.

What are your future plans?
As far as my books go, I will definitely continue to write. I want to share my stories, fantasies and dreams with more readers who can relate to similar concepts and ideas that they love as much as I do!

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
1 - Basic Idea/Outline
2 - Characters
3 - Character Breakdown/Backgrounds
4 - Theme of Book

Your dream destination on Earth?
Tahiti. I have always wanted to go there. I have come close, going to Hawaii twice in my life, but Tahiti, for me would be the ultimate get away. Complete and utter relaxation. Away from the rest of the world and on a secluded island with scenery that is out of this world.
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I was born and raised in New Jersey, USA. A true Jersey Girl.
Places through out the world that I have visited include The Bahamas, Germany, and France.
The scenery in Stuttgart, Germany was beautiful, even though it was freezing because we went in November! I have never felt a bitter cold like that in my life! Strasbourg, France was beautiful with it's unique architecture in the buildings and churches. The cobblestone streets and alley ways were neat to explore too!
I had visited Nassau, Bahamas while on a cruise and it was sunny with teal water and white beaches. Gorgeous!
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography

Your favorite time of the day? Sunset/Twilight

Your zodiac/ sunsign? Scorpio

Your favorite color and why? Green. It reminds me of nature and also reminds me of a favorite prom dress of mine that was emerald green that I wore back in High School.

Your favorite book and why? I have too many! To name a few...
The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver/The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks/Kissed by an Angel Series by Elizabeth Chandler/Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I love these books because they were some of the first that sucked me into the literary world. I love mystery, romance and paranormal. 
pic courtesy: Amanda Dolly Photography

Your favorite celebrity and why?
Hands down, Bruno Mars! He is true and raw talent! He works hard and knows how to entertain. Not to mention, he's also from Hawaii, my favorite place! Who doesn't like a cute crooner like him anyway?

Your favorite food? I have a bunch of favorite foods, but to name a few...
Mac and Cheese/Clams and Linguine/Anything with Mushrooms!

Some quickies: 
Sun or Moon                       Moon
Laughter or Smile              Laughter
Morning or Evening            Evening
Coffee or Tea                      Coffee (Iced to be exact!)
Mountain or Sea                 Sea (I love The Little Mermaid, so I have to go with Sea)
Long Drive or Short Drive   Long Drive
Silence or Conversation     Silence
Water or Fire                      Water
Air or Earth                         Air
Mars or Jupiter                   Jupiter    
Tulip or Rose                      Rose
Red or Blue                        Blue
Left or Right                       Right
Glance or Stare                 Glance


What three words come to your mind for each 
Technology - Future, Computers, Advancement
Life - Gift, Enjoy, Care-free
God - Light, Forgiving, Creator
Humanity - Grow, Learn, Care
Terrorism - Horror, Hate, Fear
Racism - Unfair, Unfortunate, Disrespectful
Childhood Abuse - Wrong, Disgusting, Ridiculous
Love - Passion, Constant, Unbreakable
Parenting - Maturity, Permanent, Joy
Old age - Inevitable, Acceptance, Reflection

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
"Anything is possible and if you don't choose to believe, you refuse to live."

The last line of your autobiography would be...
"She lived her passions as much as she could, and so should you."

Links 
My Website:                                   http://www.juliemilillo.com/
Facebook Page:                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Julie-Milillo/191954764274292
GoodReads Immortal Sin:                http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17074788-immortal-sin
GoodReads Immortal Descent:         http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18682548-immortal-descent


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code