Sunday, October 20, 2013

Author Interview: Anjaneya Mishra: My Dream Destination Is A Library In A Stone Castle

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
This is very inspiring to see a budding youth belonging to Gen Y who is matured, thinks beyond his age, understands how important it is to contribute to the society we belong to, and has proven to be a promising writer after his first book Teenage Blues Parenting Clues has been well taken in India and abroad. He is in third year of graduation but has already found out a clear purpose of his life rather than wandering in wilderness and trying to get clues to find his way out.
A very warm welcome to Anjaneya Mishra on my blog on behalf of all his readers and fans. Let us have a little conversation with Anjaneya Mishra to understand him a little better.


Your real name and pen name?
Real Name and Pen Name: Anjaneya Mishra

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Best Memory of Childhood: When i won my first squash trophy, it was the U-11 Delhi Open. I was the Runner's Up. 

About your education

Education: I have studied in schools in three different cities, firstly in Bombay in Greenlawns School at Breach Candy, then at Apeejay School Shiekh Sarai in New Delhi and finally at St. Xavier's in Jaipur. From there i went on to H.R. College of Commerce in Bombay, where i am in my third year. 

What career did you plan during your education days

Career Plan: Well, my first ambition in life was to become a Car Dealer. It was after I saw my neighbor who owned car dealerships driving a Porsche. I was in 1st grade then. When i was in 9th, I wanted to become an Investment Banker or an Entrepreneur. 


What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

Biggest source of inspiration: Probably the easiest question, my biggest source of inspiration are my parents, both worked very hard against all odds and achieved great heights. Their sacrifice and commitment are the fuel that drives me.

What hurts you most in this world

What hurt me the most: The death of my father. He died in a car accident when i was in 2nd grade. 

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

Biggest Challenge: My biggest challenge has been to teach my dog Taurus how to fetch. I still haven't overcome it as he continues to run off with the ball every single time i throw it. I am working on it though. Fingers crossed.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

If I had to live a day as a famous personality: That personality would be Bal Thackerey. While many may condemn him. I feel, the influence he held over a city as vast and complex as Bombay is astounding. He could inspire millions to join hands and support a cause. That kind of reverence is rarely seen in our leaders today. Just to live it for a day will be very satisfying. 

What is your favorite genre and why?

Favorite Genre: Unfortunately i have not been true to any one genre, it changes with time and my mood. Right now, I am hooked to Dubstep and House Music. Dubstep is very powerful, the music actually moves you, physically and mentally, its incredible to dance on and its very powerful.

What is the purpose of your writing?

Purpose of my writing: When i was in school. I observed so many of my friends frustrated and angry with their parents. It wasn’t because they were rebelling against them, it stemmed from an enormous communication gap that has now become synonymous with teenage. 
I thought, if i could shed some light on a teenagers psychology, it will help strengthen the relationship between parents and their teenagers.

Which of your work published so far?

Work Published: I used write a food column for Hindustan Times in Jaipur. I was also the editor St. Xavier's  bi-annual publication titled  X-Rays. 

What are your future plans?

Future Plans: If i tell you all my plans, it would ruin the surprise.

What are your forthcoming writings?

Further Writings: I haven't decided on a writing project as yet. Let’s see what the future holds.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Four things to take care of: That would depend on the type of book your writing. If it is a self-help book or a guide of some sort. Always research your point extensively from all angles. Secondly, grammar is very important, not only do grammatical errors spoil the quality book, it breaks the flow when reading, so the book is not as enjoyable. Thirdly, be concise. You have to make a conscious effort to make sense and not waste words. Finally, Always enjoy writing the book. The reader will always know if the writing has been forced. 

Your dream destination on Earth?

Dream Destination: A library in a stone castle, with my dog curled at my feet, a log fire in the hearth and peace of mind.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

Origin of birth: I was born in Bombay. I have stayed in India most of my life except for a three month stay in Egypt. I was in Cairo for three months when my mother was on an assignment. I am thankful for the fact that i could see Egypt before it was torn apart. I also had the pleasure of experiencing arabic culture up close. Everywhere I have been, other than Egypt and Yemen, the thing i appreciate more than anything is the organization and order in public life. Most countries have contained chaos to a few specific areas.  They are also very clean. I also loved surfing in the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean. 

Your favorite time of the day?

Favorite time of the day: It has to be the morning. At 6 am, everything is calm almost idyllic. It’s unfortunate that i rarely get to see it though.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?

Zodiac: I am a Sagittarius

Your favorite color and why?

Favorite Color: That has to be blue. Blue has a versatility and vibrancy to it. I find that attractive. 

Your favorite book and why?

Favorite Book: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. The fountainhead is actually largely responsible for shaping me the way I am right now. The characters and depiction is so inspiring. She has been successful in portraying almost every human emotion in a very raw form, from determination to anger to numbness. Its all there. 

Your favorite celebrity and why?

Favorite Celebrity: Blake Lively. She is a Hollywood soap/film star. There is just something about how she is portrayed, be it films, or television or the media that i find very attractive. 

Your favorite food?


Favorite Food: My favorite food is Laal Maas. Unfortunately its not very common in Bombay. 

Your Twitter Handle?

@AnjaneyaCMishra


Facebook page of Anjaneya Mishra's book Teenage Blues Parenting Clues can be reached from here.


badge buzzoole code