Monday, September 30, 2013

Author Interview: Mahree Moyle: Whose Debut Memoir Released 33 Years Of Wonder

Before I read her debut memoir cum murder thriller titled The Kennedy Half Dollar, I didn't know her. While reading her memoir I was totally engrossed in the pain, agony and sufferings of Seely who was the main lead of this memoir and had to experience some extremely incidents in her teens. This book is a long journey of life with all ups and downs one passes through. By the time I had completed this book I became a big fan of Mahree Moyle due to her excellent style of writing where each sentence is full of emotions.

Welcome on board Mahree and thanks a ton for accepting an invite for featuring on my blog.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

Spending many of my younger years in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I was fortunate to have had Mother Nature for a friend. We spent a lot of time together and those memories are my fondest. Nature gave much more than I gave, but we seemed to get along well. I loved walking in the woods, eating wild berries or green sour apples, watching the sunlight try to break through the treetops. I would spend hours sitting in old Ojibweburial grounds. It was peaceful and I miss that.

About your education

I graduated from high school in Southern California. Coming from the Midwest, I had enough credits to graduate a year early and I did just that. I didn't know that the rite of passage in my family was that you left home after you graduated. I was only seventeen when I had to move away. 

What career did you plan during your education days

I always enjoyed math in school, so I chose accounting as my career.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

Life inspires me–the craziness of it all. Each day is so unpredictable and so alluring. 

What hurts you most in this world

I get hurt when people suffer. I'm okay if I'm the one suffering, but I don't want anyone else to. Whether it be physical, mental or hate inflicted by others, it tears me apart. Senseless wars, starvation, drugs; there are so many things that don't have to be, but continue to strive.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

My biggest challenge in life was with someone I love very much. He was taken captive by drugs. I could always come up with a solution for everything I encountered in my life, but this seemed impossible to

stop. I was obsessed with finding a way out for him, a formula that would work, but he only edged closer to death. Then, suddenly, the horror stopped. He got his life together and is now doing very well. Life is capricious, you can count on that. I have been raped, drugged, terrorized, broken, survived three cancers, it goes on, but nothing has stopped my world as the trail of destruction that follows addiction and its resistance to help.


If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

If I could live a day of my life as someone else, I would choose to be Hanging Cloud, the daughter of an Ojibwa chief, Great Buffalo. Great Buffalo and his son were killed by the Sioux Indians and Hanging Cloud lay along side them, pretending to have been killed also. When a Sioux came for her scalp, she jumped up and shot him and tracked the others. She returned home with the scalps of those that killed her father and brother. She surely contradicts my

desire to find peace in my chaotic life. Maybe it is the temptation to feel revenge that entices me to her life. Also, her strength to survive is intriguing. As wise Buddha said, "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."


What is your favorite genre and why?

I enjoy reading mystery/thrillers. I like the challenge of trying to figure out the ending before I get there.


What is the purpose of your writing? Which of your work published so far?

For years, people have told me that I should write. Suddenly, I was taken aback and forced to face my connection to a murder of a young man I once knew. It rocked my world. That was when "The Kennedy Half-Dollar" fell into words. It released thirty-three years of wonder.

What are your forthcoming writings?

I have many ideas of what I wish to write one day. Most are true stories. I haven't decided which way to go as of yet. I want to know, definitely, that I can truly entertain an other's mind. I think that is why I haven't started my next. "The Kennedy Half-Dollar" is my first work and I am a tough critic. I am not sure how many reviews or ratings it will take to convince me to continue. I'm patiently watching.

What are your future plans?

The future is unknown. I enjoy writing and hope to pursue that art. I have never been an office candidate, although I spent nearly thirty years working in an office. I didn't liked the lingo or the phony interactions with customers, so I always remained myself, which was greatly different from the others. But, my work was always 100% or better, so nobody challenged my refusal to assimilate. I have been out of the office environment for three years now and know I can never return. I have been working on a math/science degree between cancers and hope to finish that one day. I just live each day and breathe the air and admire the beauty. I don't require much to be happy and I have always considered myself richer than the wealthiest, even though I've struggled financially.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Emotion seems to play a huge part in my writing. I want readers to experience the emotion that comes with each part of the story. The intensity of each emotion is hard to capture in words at times. I love music and carried it with me throughout my life's journey. Music holds so much of my emotions that in "The Kennedy Half-Dollar" I added cues for different songs to play while reading. I couldn't carry all my emotions and let songs hold the excess. Secondly, I hope to express how eclectic life is. I'm not conventional, nor is life and it is important for me to write as it is not how one thinks it should be written. In the end, it all comes together. Third, I think readers should wonder–acquire some of their own thoughts. There is an end, but I feel the reader should be left to contemplate the unknown. Last, I think there should be something of wisdom or insight given. Something that is always remembered. Can a writer capture all those? I have books that remain in my heart and mind that I read years ago and present that have had an impact on me, even from mysteries and thrillers.

Your dream destination on Earth?

My dream destination, although I don't see this happening, is a very small cabin within thick, tall trees. Mountains would be wonderful. Not as the Uni bomber, writing my manifesto, lol. Just the peace of it all. Then when I die, I'm going to that plane in the universe where all the comedians are gathered that scripted my life and give them a piece of my mind, lol.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I was born in Stambaugh, Michigan, in the Upper Peninsula. My family moved to Southern California when I was thirteen. As you read in my book, I moved to Hawaii after graduation, then to Alaska. I traveled Europe, Jamaica, Bahamas, Mexico and much of the United States. I love to travel. What I have found, no matter where I traveled, is that there are more good people than bad. Every country, every state, every town, the people have been wonderful.

What is your zodiac?

I am a Pisces.

What is the one thing in your life you wish had not happened?

I don't spend much time looking back and regretting things that have happened. They can't be changed. But one thing that altered my life, just when it finally seemed to be going in a positive direction, was my health. Not only did it change my life, but my children's as well. We had a simple life and were happy, then it fell apart. We survived and proudly wear the scars.

What is your definition of fear and how to overcome it?

Fear is a force within that lead us to believe there is a possible devastating outcome before us. I found that if you look this fear in the eye, it disappears. 

How would you define God in your words?

How I see a God or Gods is as a sedative for fear of the unknown. Not to speak of them in a bad way–they are very important and necessary for many. Fear is not easy to look in the eye. A God or Gods can make the adversities of life easier to cope with. They supply answers for "why" and make promises for afterlife. And who am I to say they don't exist. I just chose another route on my journey. I tend to pick the roads less traveled.

What are your further/ future plans?

I'm just going to live each day into the future. Breathe. And hope I can continue to find a little peace in each day. Knowing it does exist, if only for a short time, is peace in itself. I will continue to write if I can give something to the reader.


badge buzzoole code