Sunday, September 29, 2013

Author Intervew: Michelle Muckley: The First Book That Ever Made Her Cry Was A Love Story.

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community for Indian Bloggers
She was the fifth child born into a family of boys in a small town of Warwick. She had an inborn love for books that started reflecting right since her days in primary school. This love for books grew to passion soon that gradually guided her to become an established writer. But by the time she reached to her secondary school, this track of reading and writing got lost into a jungle of Biology, Science, Lab expierments, Good Career building etc. to become a successful scientist.

The dream reached to its reality when she moved from England to the southern Mediterranean shores of Cyprus. She loves writing everyday, mountaineering, enjoying at beachside, and talking to herself. She is Michelle Muckley who had her third book published in September this year. All her three books have been doing good and drawn a large number of readers and fans.

A very warm welcome Michelle on my blog and thanks for accepting the invitation for a small interview here.


Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

I grew up in the UK, and have many happy childhood memories.  The first that comes to mind is one winter when it snowed so much that our garden was covered in a thick white coating that reached up to my waist.  I was about three years old.  My brothers built me an igloo, and I can still remember sitting in it now. 

About your education

I trained as a scientist and worked in cardiology as a physiologist for 12 years.  I still work as a scientist, but now more time is spent writing.

What career did you plan during your education days

Exactly what I got.  I wanted to be a cardiac Physiologist and I was fortunate that it happened.  Although, when I was about 15 I wanted to be a special effects make-up artist.  Before that, when I was no older than 10 years old I wanted to be a fighter pilot!  I had Tom Cruise in Top Gun to thank for that.  I may have been the only girl that wanted to be him, rather than be his girlfriend.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life

Nature.  I love to be in the great outdoors!

What hurts you most in this world

Inequality and hatred of minorities, and people who are considered different.  It seems it is human nature to fear the unknown and that which is new to us. 

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?

I have experienced many challanges in life, good and bad.  Life is a journey though and these things happen.  Everyday is a new day.  It's a good motto to live by.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

Oh, very interesting.  There are so many people to pick one, but the first that comes to mind is Neil Armstrong.  I would love to see my home planet from space!  What a view that would be.

What is your favorite genre and why?

I love thriller and horror!  I think it satisfies the adrennaline junkie in me now that I no longer do stupid things like jumping out of planes in real life!

What is the purpose of your writing?

I write because I am driven to.  There is no one single purpose, and I don't do it to be famous.  I do it because I am satisfied by doing so.

Which of your work published so far?

The Loss of Deference and Escaping Life are published novels.  The third, Identity X is out this September (http://www.michellemuckley.com/identity-x.html)

What are your forthcoming writings?

I am currently working on a manuscript that is about 30,000 words in.  It is a WIP, so the story will change and develop, but my main character is a female lead and written from the 1st person POV.  This woman has a lot of difficulties and she is proving very interesting to get to know.

What are your future plans?

I don't plan so far ahead.  Life changes, and I go with it.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

Character development
Plot/story inconsistencies
Good editing
Always having a supply of tea!  Little milk and one suger please!

Your dream destination on Earth?

Do I have to choose?  Ok, Africa intrigues me, and I really want to go on Safari to one of the great national parks.  I would also love to trek in Borneo.  As for a city, I am totally in love with Paris.  I can go there on my own and never be bored.  I just love being there.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I was born in the UK, but now I live in Cyprus.  I have visisted many cities in Europe.  Paris is my favourite, closely followed by Krakow in Poland.  It was a beautiful place and so rich in history.  I visited the Maldives and thought they were a beautiful set of islands.  Closer to home, Santorini.  It is perhaps the most spectacular place I have ever visited.   I spent a day travelling around on the back of a scooter seeing the island, and then resturned to Oia, the most beautiful villiage I have ever seen.

Your favorite time of the day?

I like being awake when I should be asleep.  Either very late at night or early morning.  Being awake whilst my part of the world is asleep, being with my husband and just chatting.  It feels like we are the only two in the world.  I call it stolen time.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?

I am a Leo, and everything that you would expect of one. 

Your favorite color and why?

Changes day to day.  I can't choose.

Your favorite book and why?

Tough call.  Perhaps Captain Corelli's Mandolin.  It was the first book that ever made my cry over a love story.

Your favorite celebrity and why?

Angelina Jolie is a great example of what humanity is all about.  I'm not intrested in people's personal life, if she has tattoos, or anything superficial like that.  She could have a very easy life at home with her children, along with a few nannies to look after them enjoying her millions, but instead she travels the world to places that most wouldn't dare go trying to make a difference.  She is inspirational because she doesn't just say she wants to make a difference.  She got up and tried to.  Trying to do your best and standing up for what you believe in in life is what being a good person is all about. 

Thanks




badge buzzoole code