Wednesday, December 21, 2022

#ClimateChange and #Sustainability #CauseAChatter #GlobalWarming

 It's raining heavily. As usual. I never bothered about it ever. Right since my childhood. I used to dance in the rain. What'd be more magnificent, graceful, and royal than the sky shower is throwing the purest form of water on you. I used to love it. And that love continued. Even in my youth and adulthood, I never used to miss a chance to get under the sky and enjoy rain falling upon me. I never used to carry umbrella despite living in the city having most rainfall in the year. Carrying umbrella to me was like an insult to God's gift of rain. I wanted to cherish it, every time. But not all this is possible now for me.


I have grown old. It's too late now to enjoy it any more. Now carrying umbrella has become a necessity. But I have no umbrella at home. IT'S TOO LATE. THE SAME WAY IT'S TOO LATE TO THINK ABOUT CONTRIBUTING TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY TO LET MY KIDS AND THEIR KIDS HAVE A BETTER AND HEALTHY LIFE. 

#ClimateChange and #Sustainability #CauseAChatter #GlobalWarming

Photo credit: NASA Goddard Photo and Video on VisualHunt


I never thought seriously about climate change and sustainability as it used to appear merely to be a subject of discussion. Various global and national forums kept taking about CLIMATE CHANGE, SUSTAINABILITY, GLOBAL WARMING, etc. but without any considerable movement towards actions. It was just talks, talks and talks for years. It was more like passing time in blaming each other and cautioning others to do something about it. But what about me? I always thought my materialistic assets are more than enough to lead a better life for our next few generations. Earning money was fine but what about never bothering about environment, pollution, etc.?


Smoking, drinking, throwing plastic here and there, eating non vegetarian, using vehicle all the time, and no focus towards self health and health of the mother earth. There's a huge difference between living a carefree life responsibly and living a careless life mindlessly. We all are partners in this crime. We have all been doing and dying this way for years. It is to late though but still we have a chance to contribute our bit towards sustainability. Sustainability has become a big question but we have many answers to thatand most of them point in the right direction and are correct.


Every action will serve a purpose but the point is to ACT. Look at the faces of the children of the world and as an elder every one of us has a moral responsibility to ensure that we make this planet livable and sustainable for them and their next generation before we phase out.


What's the purpose of my life? Earn money, fulfill my needs, and die? And in that rush keep wasting or misusing natural resources? Water, food, earth, trees, forests, and so on. A lot of misuse and wastage is already done by all of us. This thought is making me sad and angry at the same time.


This post is part of Blogchatter’s CauseAChatter


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code