Tuesday, February 01, 2022

#WriteAPageADay A Love Letter #February #LoveLetter

 Dear February,


You know why I love you must among all your siblings. Well, there are numerous reasons for that. But the most prominent reason is related to my own existence in this world, on this earth, in this universe. I was born in February. The day I got some admiring senses as I grew, it think the first person I fell in love with was me, myself. And the moment I fell in love when myself, you automatically became a party to it. You know, you have given me a unique identity. My Sun sign. Pisces. 

#WriteAPageADay A Love Letter #February #LoveLetter
Photo credit: Steve Walser on VisualHunt.com


To understand myself better I read Linda Goodman several times during my school and college days. That's how I got to know I am an early fish. So, basically, despite attaining maturity with age, I will remain a young fish inside. As Linda Goodman says, pisces is known as a combination of all other zodiac signs. This means, a piscean has a capability of acquiring the qualities of all other zodiacs at some or the other point in life. I think, that also gave me some wisdom to understand other zodiacs quite well. Well, you know there's another great reason of loving you February so much. You are the youngest month among all other months, and always remain young. 


On top of that you are the only flexible month having a power of adding a day every four years. No other month can do that. All other months are as fixed as they have been since their existence. That means, a leap year is a leap year only and only because of the leap day of yours during that year. You are charismatic. You are a real hero. All other months admire you for those unique qualities of yours. 


Well, today is the first day of February in 2022. So it's, basically, your birthday. That's another great connection with you. We both celebrate our birthdays the same month. You know? Of course, you know. Last year during the same month I got Blogger of the Month award from Blogchatter. That was another bond added between you and me.


I am sure you know this better than me that February originated from the Latin word februa, which means “to cleanse.” This cleansing removes all the impurity and make us pure. My dear February, you were named after the Roman Februalia, which, at that time, was a month-long festival of purification during your lifespan in a year. Because of your days, you always remain smaller than all other months of the year, and yet, smartest, agile, and most dynamic.


Dear February, it's not only me you are dear to. Chinese also love you, adore you, and are as fascinated by you as me. February 1 is the Lunar New Year, that is also known as Chinese New year. February is itself the month of love as we have Valentine's day in this month. In the United States, February is usually the month during which most of the snow falls. 

#WriteAPageADay A Love Letter #February #LoveLetter

Photo credit: Ray B's world on Visualhunt.com

 

Here delicate snow-stars, out of the cloud,

Come floating downward in airy play,

Like spangles dropped from the glistening crowd

That whiten by night 

the milky way.

–“The Snow-Shower,” by William Cullen Bryant (1794–1878)


Right in the beginning of your origin, dear February, you used to be the last month of the year. And by the way, we have Snow Moon on 16th February, the year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code