Thursday, May 06, 2021

Easy Home Cooking by Ginia Basu #bookreview #books #bookchatter @thefoodlives

Easy Home Cooking - Cook and Bake with Ease From my kitchen to yours: A collection of curated recipes by Ginia Basu is a good effort to share some traditional, some non - traditional, and some very unique dishes with all food lovers who also to to cook. Now, imagine somebody hands you over a fascinating cooking book that has fascinating recipes for you to try and relish over them and himself goes for a long trip to Kaziranga National Park in a luxurious Fufugari to make an eye contact with Rhinos. It includes stays at IORA and Borgos Resort enjoying Bhatbaan,the Assamese restaurant at Iora et al. Okay, so this cooking journey begins with Cookies, Cakes, and Breads. What I feel is that all these are not very difficult to prepare but are cumbersome. Out of these, my first choice would be to try some different kind of healthy breads.

Easy Home Cooking by Ginia Basu #bookreview #books #bookchatter @thefoodlives

In fact, I feel all these three are not very healthy and nutritious but still are quite addictive. Do you know, homemade cookies, Cakes, and breads are always better than buying from the market for three key reasons - hygiene, economy, and health. You will eat fresh, put ingredients as per your choice, and will always keep its nutritional value and calories in mind. That way some of the dishes in this section are really worth trying and worthy enjoying. Those, as per my choice, could be Healthy Whole-wheat Dark Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Fudge, Whole-wheat Rose Muffins, etc. I think, the recipe needs to be much clearer when you say '1/2 cup flour' - which flour? It is good to confuse a person like me. 'Vanilla extract' - syrup or powder? Which is better? But after trying some of these, it made me clear that cookies, Cakes, and breads are not that cumbersome to prepare, can me made healthier, and are best if made at home.

Easy Home Cooking - Cook and Bake with Ease From my kitchen to yours: A collection of curated recipes by Ginia Basu is an easy read, easy to follow, and the recipes are genuinely explained very well. The next section 'Savouries' was more interesting for me. These dishes are much healthier, tastier, and nutritious. I was wondering how muffins were again there in this section. Perhaps, by mistake. Diced Pointed Gourd Stir Fry was something I liked very much. An important learning was different vegetable dishes have an exclusive spice combination. That was a good learning. I wish the book had more categories and in categories like 'Breads', some more variants. Though, it is not a complete cook book in terms of the recipes but then it brings a scope of further volumes of the book Easy Home Cooking - Cook and Bake with Ease From my kitchen to yours: A collection of curated recipes by Ginia Basu. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code