Monday, May 03, 2021

Tainted Is Better #shortstory #shortstories #DelhiMetroStories 1

Whether you believe it or not public transport is a superb source of real life stories. At least, it's 100% true in my case. Whenever I travel in Delhi Metro, by the time I reach at my destination, irrespective of covering short of long distance, I have at least one story in my pocket. And these stories are realistic, full of warmth, carrying a high level of human touch, and are instantaneous, mostly. This first story is pre-Covid time. It was about to be that evening time rush hour peak time zone in next 15-20 minutes when I boarded it from Connaught Place. Luckily, I got a seat. A young girl was sitting next to me. She was on the phone talking to her father. It was something quite serious that they were discussing over the phone.

Tainted Is Better #shortstory #shortstories #DelhiMetroStories 1
Photo credit: Thor Edvardsen on VisualHunt

The girl was going back home after office. It seemed this was something she wanted to discuss only with her father in privacy, not at home in presence of the whole family. She was least bothered about it being discussed in metro with so many people around. Probably the matter was more serious and the girl was quite matured. She was discussing about her love with a boy who is divorced. "Papa, whatsoever it is, this Shankar is far more better than that boy you finalized for me a year ago. This guy is innocent and genuine. He is straightforward and clear on his thoughts. He himself told me that before we move ahead, you need to know something about me that you don't know at all. He clearly told me about his wife and how she bluffed him."

"Look at the boy you finalized for me. He was a complete flirt. Despite we for engaged, he kept his relations intact with his girlfriends that too beyond limits and shamelessly. What respect he had for you or for me or for that sake our relationship?" She paused because his father was arguing with her from the other side. No, Papa. I don't agree with you on this. It's my life, my marriage, and my happiness. I care least for society and opinions of our relatives. I am clear that Shankar is going to keep me happy all my life. He has very clearly told me that we won't be marrying until his divorce case is over in the court. Probably, that will take another year. And till then, he says, we are just good friends and need to stay within our limits."

"Finally, Papa, if You think he is tainted, for me tainted is better. Please, this is my life. How could I live with a person who is my husband and is cheating me openly by having affairs with so many other girls? You please call Rahul and tell him clearly that we break our engagement and he is free to carry on with his colourful life his own way."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code