Author Interview Abhinav Shrivastava – author of The Dumb and the Dumbfounded
Abhinav Shrivastava loves magical realism and fantasy
Abhinav Shrivastava gets hurts with breach of privacy and comfort
Welcome, Abhinav Shrivastava on my blog. Wish you all the luck to touch great heights for all your forthcoming books after The Dumb And The Dumbfounded.
1. Your real name and pen name?
Ans: Abhinav Shrivastava
2. Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Ans: It’s really hard to pinpoint on some particular childhood memories since I had a wonderful childhood (touchwood). Yet one of my favorites is my father taking me to school every day for 15-16 years of my life, early in the morning and we used to chit chat about random things, which included discussing various topics to rehearsing answers for my exams, during that half an hour walk.
3. About your education
Ans: I have done my schooling i.e. Secondary and Higher Secondary Education from South Point High School, Kolkata and my bachelor’s degree (B.Tech) in Aerospace Engineering from Amity University, Noida.
4. What career did you plan during your education days
Ans: Aerospace Engineering.
5. What languages you can speak and write?
Ans: Hindi, English, Bengali, Mythili, Bhojpuri and French.
6. What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
Ans: I guess my family.
7. What hurts you most in this world
Ans: Breach of my privacy and comfort.
8. What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Ans: To get my first work published. I tried and tried and kept on trying till I nailed it.
9. If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Ans: It would be Warren Buffet. And the answer to the next part is but obvious i.e. to enjoy being one of the wealthiest persons on earth.
10. What is your favorite genre and why?
Ans: Magical Realism and Fantasy because these genres are fun to read and most of them have a happy ending.
11. When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
Ans: I started writing at the age of 13. I write because it’s pleasurable!
12. Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
Ans: The Dumb and the Dumfounded.
For few, college is the temple of learning, for some it is their ticket to romance, for others it is a place to make new friends, creating countless memories!
What does 'college' mean to you?
Does it remind you of your 'best friend?'
The friend who has been there, shared your dreams, acted as an advisor and an agony aunt!
But what if this same 'friend' betrays you, tries to sabotage your career and threatens to reveal every single detail of your life?
Would you sit in a corner and sob? Or would to stand up and retaliate?
'The Dumb and the Dumbfounded' is a tale of two friends- Aarav and Dhruv, who embark on a thrilling ride of life.
But soon the thin line between thrill and fright starts to dissipate.
Aarav begins to lead a 'dual life.'
Dhruv gives a new meaning to IIT.
And one of them discovers other's plans.
Would they forgive and forget? Or would they seek vengeance? But first, they have to make the ends meet, without actually making them meet!
This is a journey where there's nothing right or wrong.
13. What are your forthcoming writings?
Ans: Currently I am working on several projects. You’ll get to know once I have completed them.
14. What are your future plans?
Ans: I believe in crossing the bridge when it comes.
15. What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
Ans: Emotions, writing style, characterization, and story-line.
16. Your dream destination on Earth?
Ans: Machu Picchu, Peru
17. Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
Ans: I was born in Kolkata, West Bengal and I am yet to travel abroad.
18. Your favorite time of the day?
Ans: 22.00 hrs.
19. Your zodiac/ sunsign?
20. Your favorite color and why?
Ans: Red because it attracts immediately.
21. Your favorite book and why?
Ans: The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie, as it has a strong characterization and a humorous narrative. This is one of the finest works that has been penned down in the modern era.
22. Your favorite celebrity and why?
Ans: Bill Gates because he is a self made man.
23. Your favorite food?
Ans: South Indian cuisine. It sweeps me off my feet.
24. What three words come to your mind for each –
Technology (Boon, curse and requirement),
Life (Beautiful, struggle and fun),
God (Reality, imagination and existence),
Humanity (Necessity, trait and selfless),
Terrorism (Horror, dangerous and unholy),
Racism (Idiotic, stupid and unlawful),
Childhood Abuse (Sick, inhumane and low morality),
Love (Divine, life and beautiful)
Parenting (Friendliness, strictness and proper direction),
Old age (Rest, think and enjoy)
25. State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
Ans: Food is the best medicine, if laughter is not.
26. The last line of your autobiography would be…
Ans: And it continued ever after…..
Thanks Abhinav Shrivastava for these fantastico answers. Hope everyone likes the journey of The Dumb and The Dumbfolded.