Monday, November 16, 2015

@jenlewiswrites Author Interview Romance Queen With More Than 25 Books Published

She has been making up stories since the day she was born. She always loved to draw as well as write and as a child she drew graphic novellas featuring penniless but plucky Cinderella heroines. Her love of daydreaming earned her the nickname “Dozy Duck” in Kindergarten, and she still considers staring into space to be a constructive activity.

Welcome! Jen aka Jennifer Lewis.





About your education?
I grew up in England and went to school there, so I was immersed in British literature, history, etc until I came to the US to go to college. Living in one country and moving to another gives you an interesting perspective on how every country thinks it is the center of the universe.

What career did you plan during your education days
I was always interested in popular culture and studied books, tv, and films while getting a degree in the rather obscure subject of Semiotics—the study of signs and systems of meaning. I started my work life putting together exhibits at a television museum, but as I grew bolder I decided to start making popular culture—in the form of books—rather than just studying it.



What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
Nature and the outdoors, probably. I love spending time walking or riding in the woods, biking, strolling on the beach, or kayaking on a river, and that’s where I think about my characters and stories.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead
personality, who would it be and why?
It would be interesting to be Boudicca, queen of the Iceni, a British tribe who fought the Roman invasion. That’s a time period we don’t here about that much and a powerful woman who wasn’t afraid to take on a challenge. It would be fun to write a romance for her…

What is your favorite genre and why?
I actually read in a variety of genres. I like any story that grabs onto me and won’t let go, whether it be a thriller or a romance or something quite else.



What is the purpose of your writing?
I love making up stories and it comes very naturally to me. I do it without thinking though I guess that’s called daydreaming ;-) One day I decided to write them down and see if I could sell them, and luckily they’ve found readers who enjoy them.

Which of your work published so far?
I’ve published twenty-one novels so far. I just had to go count them as it’s easy to lose track at this point!

What are your forthcoming writings?
I have two new Harlequin Desires coming in the next year, and a few other projects up my sleeve as well.



What are your future plans?
I plan to keep writing and enjoying life to the fullest!

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
Making sure I have plenty of chocolate on hand. Ditto for coffee. Have a handsome hero in mind. Keep to my writing schedule until it’s done!

Your dream destination on Earth?
There are a lot to choose from, but I haven’t visited Seville, Spain, yet, and I’d like to go there.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I was born in New York, which is an amazing city with its own unique, crazy energy. I suppose that’s why quite a few of my books are set there. I also lived in London, England for a long time, and that’s a fun city, especially if you enjoy arts, culture, museums, etc, which I do. Right now I live in sunny South Florida where I love being able to spend time outdoors at the beach and in the water all year round. For vacations, I enjoy anywhere that I get a chance to experience nature. I also love visiting cities like Barcelona and Rome that have layers of history mixed in with a vibrant culture.



Your favorite time of the day?

I am an early riser and I love the early morning when anything is possible!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code