Monday, November 10, 2014

Author Interview: Lara Nance: Fourteen Books Published So Far: Working On Sequel to Memories of Murder

Your real name and pen name?  Lara Nance, no pen name

About your education: I have a BS in Business Administration and a BS and MS in Nursing.

What career did you plan during your education days. Originally I was in business management, but later decided to go back to school and become a Nurse Pracitioner.

What hurts you most in this world: Mean people

What is your favorite genre and why? I love Fantasy because I can make up the environment and the characters any way I want instead of sticking to traditional genres and stereotypes.

Which of your work has been published so far? I have fourteen books published so far and some short stories. 

What are your forthcoming writings? currently I'm working on a sequel to Memories of Murder which is supernatural suspense with a touch of romance.

What genres you write in and why? I write in parnormal, mystery, steampunk, fantasy and sci-fi. I like the genres where you can stretch you imagination and take people to new worlds or have them experience something new and different. 

What keeps you motivating towards writing? I have to write. Ideas pop into my head and I have to give them a story. Or I'll see something interesting on the news or a charismatic person that spark a story that must be told. There's no choice. The writing must happen.

What are your future plans? To be able to go cruising on my sailboat and write for a living.

What is generally your preference in reading – a paper book or ebook? And why? I now only buy e-books because I live on a sailboat and have very little room for physical books. I've come to like reading on my i-Pad a lot.

What is the last book you finished reading? I just finished The Apprentice 

What is the current book you are reading? Now I'm reading the Queen of the Tearling.

Your favorite food? Pizza

Your favorite sports?  Sailing

What comes to your mind when you think of India? The Taj Mahal and the love story behind it.

Some quickies: Sun or MoonLaughter or Smile, Morning or EveningCoffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or ConversationWater or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare, Fame or Money, Boy or Girl, Day or Night, Tree or Plant, Love or Passion

First thing you do in the morning after waking up? Drink coffee

Last thing to do before sleep? Write

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote: I write to right the wrongs of reality.

Links:
Twitter handle: @Lara_Nance
Any other links: www.laranance.com


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code