Sunday, October 12, 2014

Author Interview: Chandan Kumar Pathak: Footprints: A Collection of Short Stories

Chandan K. Pathak is an oilfield professional who loves to express his thoughts, feelings through writing and story-telling. A native of picturesque Assam in NE India, he has settled down in Mumbai for last twenty seven years. He loves to travel and explore diverse cultures, people and places of this amazing country.

His first effort was ‘Footprints’ a collection of short stories that was published by Leadstart Publishing in 2012.

Your real name and pen name?
Chandan Kumar Pathak

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
Best described in the story, ‘My Childhood’ in my first book ‘Footprints’. Most memorable were the mischiefs that I did. Trying to imitate my father smoking, I had used a piece of paper rolled up as a cigarette and lighted the same to create smoke-rings. Sad ending was being caught by my father.
Listening to ghost stories with rapt attention and afterwards at night feeling dead scared to move from one room to the other fearing attacks by the same ghosts.

About your education
Did my high school education from Guwahati, higher secondary from New Delhi and engineering from Dhanbad.

What career did you plan during your education days
Since my childhood I wanted to be a doctor but Destiny made me an engineer.

What languages you can speak and write?
English, Hindi, Assamese & Bengali

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
The Life itself. It never stops giving you surprises.

What hurts you most in this world
Religious hatred, killing and torture.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Many so far, physical as well as mental. Some of these were expressed in ‘Footprints’.

What is your favorite genre and why?
I enjoy reading books on spirituality, travel and history mainly. Main reason for liking these genres is, one can learn a lot from these books and I am basically an explorer by nature.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
‘Footprints’ is my first book published by Leadstart Publishing. It is a collection of short stories based on real life experiences of self and the people around me. Also there are fictional ones as well. I would love to share a copy of this book if you desire.


What are your forthcoming writings?
‘The Beckoning of Gyanganj’ is getting published in 3-4 months’ time. This is pure fiction and is a cocktail of Himalayan adventures, spiritualism, love & romance, hatred & politics, sufferings & revolt. The story centres on Gyanganj, a mystical abode of immortal saints and its influence of people from two era.

What genres you write in and why?
I would like to explore writing in various genres as the ideas and stories strike my mind and inspire me. No specific preference but would like to produce some quality work as I learn the art of writing with time.

What are your future plans?
I am currently writing a romantic novel. It is inspired by a true story very close to my heart. Subsequently I wish to write a self-help book.

Your dream destination on Earth?
The Himalayas – always!

Your zodiac/ sunsign? Aquarius

Your favorite color and why? Blue and While. They radiate purity and tranquillity.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading?
Recently finished ‘Friends in Small Places’ by Ruskin Bond. Currently reading ‘History of Kashmir’

Your favorite book and why? So many, difficult to list.

What comes to your mind when you think of India?
I simply love and adore my motherland the way she is. Amazing country to be born and raised. One lifetime is not enough to explore her.


First thing you do in the morning after waking up?
Give a loving hug to my wife.

Last thing to do before sleep?
Give a loving hug to my wife.

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
Nothing is constant in life. Only change is constant.

The last line of your autobiography would be…
To be continued in my next life.
The title of your autobiography would be…
One life is not enough

Links & other relevant details:
ISBN-10: 9381836043
ISBN-13: 9789381836040



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code