Sunday, June 01, 2014

Author Interview: Jourdyn Kelly: Something About Eve: Flawed Perfection: Destined to Kill: Destined to Love

Currently living in the Houston area, she spends her time writing, designing websites and caring for what she equates as a zoo with 3 dogs, 2 cats, a bearded dragon, 2 frogs and 2 turtles. In the recent years, she has changed her lifestyle to include working out and eating right. She now competes in triathlons, has run her first half-marathon, and loves Muay Thai kickboxing, boxing and Krav Maga.

She loves bringing her characters out for everyone to meet. Her goal is to keep writing in many different genres, as she feels there shouldn't be anything limiting writers.
Welcome Jourdyn.

Your real name and pen name?

Jourdyn Kelly

About your education:

I have a degree in commercial art with a minor in video production

What career did you plan during your education days:

I had planned on and became a web designer. I still do web design as well as work for Debbie Gibson on many different things.

What languages you can speak and write?

English. I love languages, but have never been patient enough to really sit down and learn. One day.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

Strong women, including my mother. People who are generous and kind.

What hurts you most in this world?

People who hate and hurt others.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

As many people, I've had different challenges in my life. The only way to overcome these obstacles is just to keep going. Use the challenges as a way to learn. As they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.


If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?

Hmm . . . That's quite the question. I think I'd choose someone who was an adventurer. Someone who spent their life doing extraordinary things that I would never have the chance to do.

What is your favorite genre and why?

Of books? It depends on my mood I think. I enjoy a good romance, a mystery, urban fantasy. I also read true crime.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

I started writing probably when I was around 14. I've always had an active imagination and writing was a good way to release some of that.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

I've released 4 books so far. Something About Eve, Flawed Perfection, Destined to Kill and Destined to Love. The synopsis for all can be found on my website.


What are your forthcoming writings?

I have three books in the works. I have the final book of the Destined series which will be young adult urban fantasy, and two other romance books.

What are your future plans?

To keep writing. I would love for the Destined series to be a movie. I can dream. J

How much real life goes into a fiction writing?

I've always believed that a piece of the author is in their heroine/hero. As for me, there's a bit of me in my main characters. I write strong female characters, and I like to think I'm strong.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?

Absolutely. There's no other way to think up fictional scenarios unless you're just copying someone else's imagination.


Your dream destination on Earth?

Oh my. I think anywhere that has mild weather (mid 70s with low humidity is perfect), with white sand and a beautiful blue beach.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

I was born and raised in the US. I've been to London. I would love to travel around the world because I find different cultures fascinating.

Your favorite time of the day?

I'm a night owl, but whatever time of day that I am being creative is my favorite time of the day.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?

Aquarius

Your favorite color and why?

White. I don't know why, it's just classy, pure and calming. I do love earth tones or more subdued colors.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading?

To Hold Forever by Carrie Carr / Trust Our Tomorrows by Carrie Car

Your favorite book and why?

Ooo, I do not have a favorite. I just love reading.

Your favorite movie and why?

I don't really have a favorite movie either. Whatever entertains me or makes me happy.

Your favorite celebrity and why?

Diane Lane. She was the inspiration for Lainey in Something About Eve. I just find her fascinating.

Your favorite food?

Mmm, dim sum.

Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare:

Full Moon
Laughter
Evening
Coffee - Unless it's iced tea
Sea
Long drive if I have a good destination
Silence
Water
Air
Jupiter
Rose (White)
Blue
Right
Glance

What three words come to your mind for each – Technology, Life, God, Humanity, Terrorism, Racism, Childhood Abuse, Love, Parenting, Old age

Technology - future, computer, amazing
Life - Love, happiness, fulfillment
God - Love, happiness, fulfillment
Humanity - generosity, prosperity, kindness
Terrorism - hatred, stupidity, unnecessary
Racism - hatred, stupidity, unnecessary
Childhood abuse - devastating, life-altering, sickening
Love - happiness, complete, fulfillment
Parenting - I'm sure it's fulfilling as well. . . but I don't know. J
Old age - inevitable, life, lucky

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote

"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

The last line of your autobiography would be…

To be continued . . .

Links:
Twitter handle: @JourdynK
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJourdynKelly
Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/JourdynKelly
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Jourdyn-Kelly/e/B005O24HK8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1401044301&sr=8-1

Website: http://www.jourdynkelly.com


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code