Sunday, June 01, 2014

Author Interview: Gregory E Bray: The Tail of a Boy Named Harvey

He was born and raised in Sacramento, CA where he still resides. He was a photography and film major in college and he now works in the IT industry. He has written scripts for corporate videos and shorts and he tries and uses humor in everything he writes. His inspiration for writing comes from his wife Lita, our son Liam and their cat Harvey.

Welcome Greg onboard!

Your real name and pen name? 

Gregory E Bray for both

me being silly
Please share some of the best memories of your childhood: 

The weekends hold some of my fondest memories for me of my childhood. On Saturdays, I always looked forward to going to my dad’s work. We usually picked up a truck and ran errands in it, then I would climb all over it when we were done. Sundays we would visit my mom at work at our families business. I would wander around the grounds and look at the plants and buildings. These trips usually included McDonalds for lunch.
 
in 4th or 5th grade
About your education: 

I have an AA in communications

What career did you plan during your education days: 

At first I studied computer science because I wanted to write video games. Then I switched to film and photography as it was more fun.

What hurts you most in this world: 

That people can’t get along.
 
my dad and I at his work
What is your favorite genre and why? 

Back when I was in high school it was fantasy such as. “The Hobbit.” probably because I played D&D. Lately it has been mysteries. I like to try and figure out who did it while reading along.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing? 

I started writing 4 years ago. It is a fun hobby at the moment.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

The“Tail” of a Boy Named Harvey. It’s about a boy who isn’t too nice to his pets. He has a dream that he is his pets pet and is treated badly. He wakes up and realizes the error of his way and treats his pets much better.


What are your forthcoming writings? 

I have an untitled Christmas book coming out in October, my sister is currently illustrating it. Then early next year I have another children’s book coming out. I’m keeping this one quiet as I have sent it off to an agent.

What are your future plans? 

I’m going to keep on having fun writing.

How much real life goes into a fiction writing? 

For the “Harvey” book, quite a bit. I, like many other young boys, was Harvey.
 
my son and I - Greg & Liam
Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author? 

I believe so. I’ve always had a good imagination. It makes life more fun.

Your dream destination on Earth? 

I’ve never been anywhere. So I’m happy going anywhere I haven’t been to on earth.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe? 

I was born and raised in Sacramento, CA and have never left. I haven’t been to any other countries and have barely traveled outside of California.
 
Greg and Liam Sleeping
Your favorite time of the day? 

Mornings with a nice cup of coffee.

Your zodiac/ sunsign? 

Gemini

Your favorite color and why? 

Ever since I was a little boy, it has been blue. I don’t remember why though.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading? 

I last finished Dashiell Hammett’s, “The Maltese Falcon” I’m currently reading any children’s book that my son wants me to read to him.

Your favorite book and why? 

When I was young it was, “Where the Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak. No words and great visuals just took me away to a land I longed to see. I cannot think of my favorite book now that I’m all grown up.
 
my wife and I geocaching
Your favorite movie and why? 

“The Maltese Falcon” would be one of them. My wife and I are big Humphrey Bogart fans.

Your favorite food? 

Italian food especially from a restaurant named Visconti’s.

Some quickies:

Sun or Moon - Moon
Laughter or Smile - Laughter
Morning or Evening - Morning
Coffee or Tea - Coffee
Mountain or Sea - Sea
Long Drive or Short Drive - Long Drive
Silence or Conversation - Conversation
Water or Fire - Water
Air or Earth- Air
Mars or Jupiter - Mars
Tulip or Rose - Tulip
Red or Blue- Blue
Left or Right - Right
Glance or Stare - Glance
 
me signing the kickstarter edition of a movie i wrote
Links:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code