Monday, March 10, 2014

Author Interview: Kiara Loganathan: High School: Grade 9: Just 14: Written 2 Books

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
Kiara Loganathan was born on 30 June 2000, in Durban, South Africa. She is a grade 09 pupil at Kingsway High School in Amanzimtoti. She is a keen collector of figurines of dragons, unicorns, fairies and crystals.

Kiara Loganathan proves that age does not hinder one’s dreams to write and anything is possible in this world with hard work.

Your real name and pen name?
Kiara Loganathan

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
My third Birthday party which I celebrated with friends and family and my travelling with my parents.

About your education
I am currently in high school, Grade 9

What career have you planned after your education days
I still have some way to go before I plan my career but hopefully I will enter the field of Arts and literature

What languages you can speak and write?
I speak and write English and Afrikaans(a derivative from Dutch) and I am learning to speak my mother tongue-Hindi.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
God and myself

What hurts you most in this world
Poverty and suffering, and cruelty to animals. It scares me every time I see or hear of it.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
My biggest challenge is when I dislocated my knee and had to have surgery . It was painful and the re-habilitation was challenging. I had to wear a knee brace for months and it dampened my spirit and I had to challenge myself to overcome this set back.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I am not a believer in walking in other people's footsteps but I am content with with my life at this stage

What is your favorite genre and why?
Fantasy- because the unimaginable is possible.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
I started writing at the age of eight and published my first book "The Goblin King and the Rare Dragonfly" in 2011 and my second "Lost Treasure of Shanghai" in December 2013. My purpose for writing is to share my stories with the world and promote a culture of reading amongst the youth.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

The Goblin King and the Rare DragonFly

Fairy Princess Willow was not just any girl. Her father was the King of the Goblins and the underworld. Her mother was a fairy but her mother made the decision not to live with her husband and went back to the underworld. She left Willow with her father. Her parents throw a Halloween party for her where she receives many birthday presents.
 Among her gifts is a gift from her father, a baby Norwegian dragonfly, which was very rare. Each had the power to destroy a giant. It had a rare diamond stone that would cause the world of magic to face its doom if it fell into the wrong hands. Her mischievous brothers have learnt of its powers and they will do anything to get their hands on the Rare Dragonfly and use its powers to rule the underworld. Unfortunately the powers can only be received on Halloween night so they create a devious plan to help feed and care for the Dragonfly on behalf of Princess Willow. Princess Willow is not aware of their plans but her brothers Frank and Henry are busy recruiting help from their friends to assist them achieve their goal.  Will they achieve their goal……… 


The Lost Treasure of Shanghai

The Lost Treasure of Shanghai, Chang embarks on a perilous journey, where he befriends a  mystical                tiger who accompanies him on his quest. Apprehensive yet determined, Chang soldiers on in his quest to unlock the treasure, comforted by his master's words, "I will be with you every step of the way!" Chang was left on the doorstep of the late Master Lee as a child and was raised into the world of martial arts. But martial arts can only take you so far when you need to defeat fire-breathing dragons. How could he possibly do so? He's just a little boy!


What are your forthcoming writings?
A sequel to the Lost Treasure of Shanghai and currently working on a different genre.

What are your future plans?
Do well at school and get to University

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
I am not specific but I try to ensure that my stories are original and captivating.

Your dream destination on Earth?
The Golden Temple- India

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
Born in South Africa. Travelled to Cape Town, Sun City and Drakensberg within South Africa. Cape Town is vibrant and entertaining. The Drakensberg is relaxing and scenic.   

Your favorite time of the day?
Evening

Your zodiac/ sunsign?
Cancer

Your favorite color?
Purple

Your favorite book?
None at the moment

Your favorite food?
Pizza and curry

Some quickies: Sun or MoonLaughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or SeaLong Drive or Short Drive, Silence or ConversationWater or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or JupiterMoon or Sun, Tulip or RoseRed or Blue, Left or RightGlance or Stare

What three words come to your mind for each –
Technology, (modern, advance, helpful)
 Life, (love,happiness, chances)
God, (indescribable)
 Humanity, ( greedy, selfish ,destructive)
 Terrorism, ( horrible, worthless, pointless)
Racism, ( stupid, pointless)
Childhood Abuse, (sick, wrong, demented)
Love, ( caring, selfless )
 Parenting, ( responsibility, caring, demanding)
Old age ( love, care, memories)

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
the best quote is from the movie Dhoom 3 ...... " I am God's man, who could dare defy me...... the sun of hopes is out in all directions .. My intentions are solid and there is courage in every step...... I have set forth today to write my own destiny."

The last line of your autobiography would be…
Live the Dream, you live once............


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code