Tuesday, September 10, 2013

An Interview With Anamika Mishra: Author of Too Hard To Handle

Anamika is a techie by education, writer by passion and is a firm believer in herself and God. She is full of energy to carry out her multi-interests without compromising one at the cost of another. Welcome Anamika!

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood.
Although there are many, but one of them is very close and special to me. I was in K.G. in school. During the annual function of my school, I played a role of a Pumpkin in a lyrical play. I was very fat and chubby at that time. Till now, my elder bro. teases me for that. Everybody in my family loves recalling that performance of mine.


About your education
Well, I have a degree of Bachelors in Computer Applications and Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication

What career did you plan during your education days.
Frankly speaking, I think I was the most confused soul on earth during my education days. I planned for -pursuing MCA, MBA, PGDEM, -working as a P.R.E, photographer, print media entertainment journalist, and so on! By every passing semester, my choice of career changed but last year my search ended when I finally decided to chase my dream and become a writer.
 
What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
My Parents! They had been and still are, the biggest source of inspiration to me in life

What hurts you most in this world
When I hear any news about people suiciding or attempting to suicide. I mean how someone can even think of killing themselves intentionally just for sake of a silly problem. Not any problem in this world is bigger than one’s life and every problem in this world has a solution. It hurts to see and hear that people kill themselves and have no respect for their lives and have no love, care or concern for their family

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How?
Till date, the biggest challenge which I have faced was to cross the word limit of 40k words. Actually, being a debut writer and having no guide or something to tell the norms, I did not had any idea about the minimum word limit of the manuscript. I finished writing the novel in 35k words ( approx.) After then, when I approached the publication houses, I came to know that minimum word count should be 40k in order to get my novel published. I had to re-write the whole novel in order to increase the word-count but also keeping in mind that not give readers a feeling that it had been extended just for sake of reaching the word-count. it took a whole one month for me to do this and finally I crossed the mark of 40k and stopped at 45k words approx.
 
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Paulo Coelho Sir. Reason being is that he is my role model and I want to know how it feels to be at his place. I also want to know how he perceives the world, his fans and this life.

What is your favorite genre and why?
Being a voracious reader, I love reading almost all genres except Horror.


What is the purpose of your writing?
I want people to know my thoughts and my world of imagination. I want to inspire people about life and about positivity through my writings.

Which of your work published so far?
My debut novel TOO HARD TO HANDLE has just got released a month ago.

What are your forthcoming writings?
Presently I am working on my second novel

What are your future plans?
No future plans as such. Presently I am focusing on writing and would continue to be in this force only.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
  • Not to hurt anyone’s belief by making any harsh, biased, rude or wrong statement for any religion, caste and creed.
  • Story should have a moral and should end up with providing any lesson to the readers.
  • Keeping the language simple and easy
  • Name of the characters in the book should be attractive


Your dream destination on Earth?
Paris

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed.What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
I am basically from Kanpur, U.P. I haven’t stepped out of the country till now. Still exploring our very own nation India.

What is your zodiac?
Virgo
 
What is the one thing in your life you wish had not happened?
I believe everything happens for a good reason. Touchwood, till date I have no regrets for anything that has happened in my life. Though I may have regretted for a short term when anything negative have happened, when it had occurred but after sometime, I felt happy that it happened. So, now if anything goes wrong in my life I just keep faith in my heart that something really good is awaiting for me. 

What is your definition of fear and how to overcome it?
Fear is nothing but pessimism and the best way to overcome it is to face it.

How would you define God in your words?
God is the ultimate problem-solver. I am very spiritual by nature, and I believe god is always listening to what we think and say and he always helps us in his own ways. Sometimes we are able to understand his ways of helping and sometimes not.

What is your definition of love?

Love is all about giving without expecting anything in return. If you expect something in return, it is not love but business.

Web-links:
Official website – www.anamikamishra.com
Goodreads Profile - www.goodreads.com/author/show/7124200.Anamika_Mishra
Buy my Book on infibeam.com - 


 Special Signed edition on Ebay.in - http://ow.ly/o3wBh
badge buzzoole code