Monday, November 30, 2015

Author Interview Maria Riegger @RieggerM She Lives Life On Her Terms

Maria Riegger describes herself as a multicultural rational actor, born and raised in the USA. She lived in Spain for several years and considers that she adopted the country. She studied law at George Washington University and is currently a corporate/banking attorney by day, and a fiction author by night. A native of the Washington, DC area, Maria is a certified political junkie. Indeed, you can’t avoid politics in DC.


Your real name and pen name? My real name is Maria R. Riegger. I use my real name for my books. Whether that is a good idea or not, I don’t know!

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood. I grew up in a large house on four acres in Virginia. My siblings and I used to play in the woods and the creek all day long during the summer. On a special day, my parents would take us to the museums in DC.

What languages can you speak and write? I speak, read and write English, Spanish, French and Catalan fluently, and a little Portuguese.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
I draw my inspiration from everyday struggles and emotions. I’m drawn to characters who are flawed since that mirrors real life. Stories are everywhere; you just have to pay attention.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

Miscalculated Risks, the first novel in my Law School Heretic series, was published October 2015. It’s women’s fiction, but not a perfect fit for the genre. The story contains humor and sarcasm and takes place in a Washington, DC law school over the course of several weeks of a three-month semester. The main character is an outspoken, abrasive young woman who is tired of the conformist political culture of the DC area. She meets a mysterious fellow law student who ends up challenging her stereotypes.

The second novel in the series, Acceptable Misconduct, will be published in early 2016.



If Writing a Book is taken as a project, What are the key essentials you take care of in Project Management?

I take an all guns approach to writing. I outline feverishly, getting every possible idea or scene down. I take notes constantly, for fear of forgetting an idea. Then I edit without mercy. I love to read, so I’m constantly rereading what I write to perfect it. And you can never proofread enough.

Your zodiac/sun sign? Gemini, the twins. I have a dual personality or, as some would pejoratively say, I am two-faced. I prefer to think of it as the dual logical/creative personality.

The last line of your autobiography would be…The title of your autobiography would be…
The last line would read: She lived life on her terms, and not based on other people’s expectations for her.

The title would be, Any Way You Want It, taken from the same-titled song by the band Journey. There’s a line in that song that reads, “She likes to dance; she liked to sing; she does everything.” That’s me, I like to do a bunch of different things. Life is too short not to pursue all your interests.

Sales links:
Miscalculated Risks is now available on Kindle and in print through Amazon:
Amazon.com (US) http://amzn.to/1QKcmYV
Amazon (India) http://amzn.to/1XukhIQ

It is also available on Nook through Barnes and Noble:

Social Media:
Twitter: @RieggerM
Google+ Maria Riegger

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code