Monday, September 09, 2013

Author Interview: T M Williams: Having No Regrets From Life


She loves writing especially science fiction, thriller, suspense, horror and fantasy. She has been published by Nightengale Press and Half Light Publishing. We are having a talk with one of the best authors of genres mentioned above - T. M. Williams.

Welcome T.M. on board! :-)


What is your pen name? 

T.M. Williams


Please share some of the best memories of your childhood. 

I grew up riding horses. I'm really close with my father and we would go riding together all the time.


About your education - What career did you plan during your education days?


 I never really planned on anything. I never really knew what I wanted until recently when I discovered my passion for writing. I was a makeup artist for film and fashion when I lived in Los Angeles but have also been an entrepreneur/business owner for the past 15 years. I sort of just fell into it. 


What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

What isn't? I find inspiration in almost everything. However, if I had to pick one, I would pick music. I can't write without it and depending on what I'm writing I'll change what I'm listening to.


What hurts you most in this world?
Humans. People are capable of hurting each other in ways nature or the world never could.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced? Were you able to overcome it? How? 

The biggest challenge has been with my health. Dealing and overcoming General Anxiety Disorder and all the side effects from having it. I'm determined to overcome it though and it's been a difficult battle, but I'm slowly winning.


If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead?
Cleopatra. It probably sounds cliche -- but we really know so little about Ancient Egypt and I'm fascinated by it.Especially by a woman who practically ruled the world then. It's strange that 2000 years later women weren't even allowed to vote here.


What is your favorite genre and why? 

Science-Fiction. It's just amazing to escape into these other worlds by people who created them. It's just a nice escape to have from life once in a while. Makes me feel like a child to be able to live in a fantasy world for a little bit.


What is the purpose of your writing? 

Purpose? It's a creative outlet. When I first began writing I didn't think I would ever publish -- but I did it anyway.


Which of your work published so far? 

Bohemian Grove, Sun Gate, Undead Winter, Moonlight


What are your forthcoming writings? 

Masochists, Nibiru, and Isle of Otta (all due out in 2014)


What are your future plans? 

To get better at what I do.


What four top most things you take care of while writing a book? 

I don't really understand this question. I'm guessing it means what 4 things are important to me in writing? If so, character development, description, attention to detail, and unpredictability.


Your dream destination on Earth? 


I'm a homebody. There's no place I like better than being at home with my husband and son and two dogs. However, if I could travel without needing to get on a plane or in a car (like a transporter would be perfect) I would love to go to Alaska. I travel a lot for business... so for me, traveling isn't as luxurious as most people feel.


Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. 

I was born in Long Beach, California. I've traveled a lot and been to many countries.


What best things you liked in these countries around the globe? 

Every country has something I have loved about it - it's hard to pick just one thing. I love sight-seeing when I travel though.


What is your zodiac? 

Taurus


What one thing in your life you wish had not happened? 

I have no regrets.


What is your definition of fear and how to overcome it? 

Fear is just an indication of something in our life that we need to overcome. Most things we fear will never happen, and we just need to remind ourselves of that.


How would you define God in your words? 

I'm Atheist so I don't believe in a God or Gods.

Thanks TM for sparing out your time for us. Here are some of the important links for TM's fans and readers:



@imTMWilliams (twitter)


badge buzzoole code