Sunday, April 06, 2014

Author Interview: Geena Leigh: Call Me Sasha: An Inspirational Journey Of A Woman

She is now a full-time writer, with her second book already in the pipeline. She remains drug and alcohol free and is an advocate for empowering young women to make better life decisions. 

She lives in Sydney with her girlfriend, Gene, and their two puppies.

Welcome Geena onboard!

Your real name and pen name?
Geena Leigh is my real name and the name write under.

About your education
I left school early and went to university as a 'mature age' student. I  possess a Bachelor of Business (International Business, Marketing), a Bachelor of Creative Industries (Media and Communications) and am currently undergoing a Master of Arts in Creative Writing. 


What career did you plan during your education days
I didn't make any plans -that was a mistake.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
2012. I've overcome many challenges in life and realised my personal story could possibly inspire/help/be a resource for others. 
I've experienced some unfair things and made some not-great decisions in life – yet I turned it all around to find the love of my life, happiness and to do what I enjoy (to write). 

I wrote Call Me Sasha because I believed that someone would read it and say to themselves: 'If she got through all that - then I can get through this!' At the very least, I knew I had a story that would entertain.


Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
Call Me Sasha -a non-fiction memoir.

About the book Call Me Sasha:
At just fifteen years old, Geena had no choice but to leave home. Without an education or any real options, she found herself being lured into the sex industry by the promise of big money and the validation of strangers. She turned to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain of day-to-day life as a callgirl and overcome the emotional scars of her past. 

But even in her darkest hours, Geena refused to accept her circumstances and never stopped striving for freedom and a better life. Eventually she found the strength to turn things around and set herself on a path to a brighter future.

Now, Geena has a double university degree, the career of her dreams and is in a loving relationship.

Call Me Sasha is the inspirational account of one woman's journey from sexual abuse through prostitution to eventual salvation. It is raw with honesty, compelling and even laugh-out-loud funny as Geena recounts the highs and lows of her fascinating life in the sex industry. 


What are your future plans?
To write more books! I absolutely love the process of writing a book and having it published.

What are the top three things do you need when writing a book?
-discipline
-to know how the story is going to end
-a reason 'why' you are writing it


Your favorite time of the day?
Mornings. I love waking up and expecting a wonderful day to unfold.

Sun or Moon: Sun
Laughter or Smile: Laughter
Morning or Evening: Morning
Coffee or Tea: Coffee
Mountain or Sea: Sea
Long Drive or Short Drive: short
Silence or Conversation: silence
Water or Fire: Water
Air or Earth: Earth
Mars or Jupiter: Jupiter
Moon or Sun: Sun
Tulip or Rose: Rose
Red or Blue: Blue
Left or Right: Left
Glance or Stare: Glance

What three words come to your mind for each – 

Life: wonderful, fun, exciting!

Love: My girlfriend, peace, bliss.

Old age: Experience, wrinkles, laughter.


State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
I love the Shakespearean quote "To thine own self be true"

The last line of your autobiography would be…
That might spoil the memoir if I tell you!


badge buzzoole code