Saturday, March 21, 2015

Author Interview: Susanna K Green: I Am Inspired Daily By The GOD In Me @saslaila



Author Bio: 

Susanna K. Green was born in Chicago, IL. Her mother passed away shortly after her first birthday so she, her father and grandmother headed to New Orleans and lived there until the year 2005. Susanna and her family evacuated New Orleans along with tons of other New Orleanians due to Hurricane Katrina. 

Throughout the years, Susanna has had a plethora of interests and a variety of careers; Cosmetologist, Cosmetology Instructor, Relaxation Massage Therapist, Author, Publisher/Editor, Reiki Practitioner. 

She's been a Licensed Cosmetologist for over 25 years. Within that time, she became a Celebrity Stylist with her own Mobile Spa Company for eight of those years. She called it, Sassy's Satin Hands. (A few of her celebrity clients include, Queen Latifah, 50 Cent, Bernie Mac, Debbie Allen, Rose McGowan, Mia Hamm, Ted Turner, Christina Aguilera, Kathy Baker, Liz Phair, etc). 

She was lead down a different path In 2010 and published her debut fiction novel, entitled, Remembering the Sweet Nectar. She decided to pursue her new-found career, so she founded her Publishing Company, Sweet Nectar Publishing. She helps authors get published by offering publishing packages as well as a la carte services, such as editing, formatting, custom book cover design, book trailers, etc. 

She also has a few more books under her belt; Poetic Gumbo, which is a poetry anthology and Hurricane Katrina Couldn't Break Us, which is also a poetry anthology that pays homage to New Orleans. She's currently applying the finishing touches to Devoured in a Diva’s Web, the sequel to Remembering the Sweet Nectar. 

In 2011, she became certified with the Usui Reiki system and began practicing. Along with her interest in Reiki came other related interests, such as Colour Therapy, Aromatherapy and other holistic therapies. 

Susanna's interests are all things natural. She's an advocate for the holistic lifestyle. 

Susanna is presently in the process of writing a Health and Wellness book. She currently lives in the Miami area with her husband Michael and Toy Poodle Laila. 

Welcome! Susanna.





Your real name and pen name?...
Susanna K Green

About your education; what career did you plan during your education days...
I knew I wanted to be a hair designer from an early age. It was in my blood; a gift from my mother who was also a cosmetologist.

What languages you can speak and write?...
Unfortunately, I only speak and write English but I have an interest in learning Spanish.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?...
I am inspired daily by the GOD in me. I most often make decisions solely based on my own feelings, intuition and inner guidance.

What hurts you most in this world?...
Seeing people hungry and sick.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?...
I am a Hurricane Katrina survivor. I lost my home, business and other belongings but I've always been a resilient person. I just pulled from my inner resources to get me through.

What is your favorite genre and why?...
Non-fiction. I love informative reading; especially relating to spirituality, holistic living and alternative therapies.

When did you start writing?...
I started writing poems since I was in my early twenties. In 2004, I sat down to write my debut novel, Remembering the Sweet Nectar.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?...
"Remembering the Sweet Nectar" is a contemporary African American fiction tale of a woman who takes her marriage for granted. She thinks she can find better than her husband, so she secretly goes on a series of dates only to discover a newfound appreciation for her husband and her marriage. She thought the grass was greener on the other side, but as usual, It's not.

"Poetic Gumbo" and "Hurricane Katrina Couldn't Break Us" are both poetry anthologies, published by my company (Sweet Nectar Publishing).

What services does Sweet Nectar Publishing offer?...
Editing, formatting, book cover design, book trailers, social media marketing, online publishing, etc.

What are your forthcoming writings?...
The sequel to "Remembering the Sweet Nectar," is entitled, "Devoured in a Diva's Web," released Dec 30th.

What genres you write in and why?...
My works have been that of fiction in the past, but I am now ready to move into another dimension; nonfiction. I'm truly excited about my next project.

What keeps you motivating towards writing?...
Knowing it is part of my life's assignment, leading me into my purpose. When something is a part of your purpose, it always tugs at you.

What are your future plans?...
To write a health and wellness book.

What is generally your preference in reading – a paperback or ebook? And why?...
I guess I'm old fashioned. I love to hold a physical book in my hand while reading.

How much real life goes into a fiction writing?...
That varies by author. For me, my books are strictly imaginary. However, character personalities are pulled from either myself or people I know.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?...
As a fiction writer, yes.

Your dream destination on Earth?...
I have too many to name:)

Your zodiac/ sunsign?...
Cancer

Your favorite color and why?...
I've always had thing for black, silver and grey but now I'm into purple/pink.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading?...
Last book I finished was entitled, 27 Hours" by Gerald C Anderson. I am currently reading, "Natural cures 'they' don't want you to know about," by Kevin Trudeau.

Your favorite book and why?...
Fiction, "Where the heart is," by Billie Letts.
Non-fiction, Deepak Chopra and Kevin Trudeau books.
Both books touch my soul.

Your favorite movie?...
I loved The Titanic, The Notebook and The rise of The Planet of the Apes.

Your favorite celebrity and why?...
My favorite actor is Angela Bassett. She's multi-faceted, like me.
My favorite singer is Beyonce. Her music makes me bob my head and snap my fingers every single time I hear it.

Your favorite food?...
That's easy; pizza.

Your favorite sports?...
I don't have a favorite because I'm really not into sports at all, other than walking my poodle everyday:)

What is the force that drives you?...
I am ambitious and passionate by nature. Those things keep me naturally motivated.

What comes to your mind when you think of India?...
Healthy lifestyles.


Some quickies: Sun or Moon...(Sun)
Laughter or Smile...(Laughter)
Morning or Evening...(Evening)
Coffee or Tea...(Coffee)
Mountain or Sea... (Sea)
Long or Short Drive...(Long)
Silence or Conversation...(both)
Water or Fire...(Water)
Air or Earth...(Earth)
Mars or Jupiter...( Jupiter)
Tulip or Rose...(Rose)
Red or Blue...(Red)
Left or Right...(Right)
Glance or Stare...(Glance)
Fame or Money...(both)
Boy or Girl...(Girl)
Day or Night...(Night)
Tree or Plant...(Tree)
Love or Passion...(both)

First thing you do in the morning after waking up?...
Pray

Last thing to do before sleep?...
Pray

If one fine morning you wake up and find your sex changed to opposite, what will be your first reaction?...
Cool:)

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote...
In any time of indecision, the best thing to do is, THE RIGHT THING.

The last line of your autobiography would be…
Always in our hearts and minds.

The title of your autobiography would be…
Susanna K Green-Mind, Body & Soul of a woman



Links:
Remembering the Sweet Nectar
ISBN: 978-0-615-64890-3
Publisher: Sweet Nectar Publishing

Poetic Gumbo
ISBN: 978-0-615-74792-7
Publisher: Sweet Nectar Publishing

Hurricane Katrina Couldn't Break Us
ISBN: 978-0-615-94075-5
Publisher: Sweet Nectar Publishing

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code