Friday, October 03, 2014

Author Interview: Mayuresh Pokharankar: The Comical Saga

Your real name and pen name?

A: Mayuresh Pokharankar, pen name not changed.
 
Please share some of the best memories of your childhood

My book Comical saga itself is an answer to it. I have twisted, swirled, manipulated and made a blend of all my fine memories in my writing style.

About your education?

As a child I got educated by my parents and teachers and now I get education from my wife (wink).

What career did you plan during your education days?

My Mother wanted me to become a pilot but ever since my school teachers complained about me getting lost somewhere in space during ongoing school periods, she dropped this idea and so did I.

What languages you can speak and write?

Whatever Languages I speak, I can write as well. I got this extra talent you see.

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?

As a child I was inspired by Amitabh Bachchan and broke my friends nose, as I grew up I got inspired by Sachin Tendulkar and broke my building’s windows, and now while writing I get inspired by Chetan Bhagat and R. K. Naraynan and henceforth I don’t intend to break anything other than records.

What hurts you most in this world?

People fighting and killing each other under the name of religion, backbiters surrounding you, poverty of people who can’t even eat twice a day and all that is against humanity hurts me a lot.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?

I had met with a freak bike accident, nearly lost my life. But God has some different plans written for me so I leave everything in his hands and just follow his directed path.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I would love to live as Charlie Chaplin who made everyone forget their pain and laugh on his tunes.
If given a second chance then I would have asked for Mother Terresa’s life as It’s very difficult to live only for others.

What is your favorite genre and why?

Of course Humor. Nowadays it seems people have forgotten to laugh. Or in other case they charge for laughing.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

I started writing after I met accident and had to undergo many surgeries. I was feeling quite depressed and remembered my childhood days a lot. So in order to divert myself from it I started to pen down some sweet and funny memories.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?

The comical saga.

It’s a story of three school friends and their mischievous childhood. It’s their transformation from good to bad and again bad to good. How they fall in a bad company and ruin their grades and then how they meet a girl who changes them from bad to good. The whole book is full of laughter and chuckles.

You can read sample chapters on my blog.

What are your forthcoming writings?

I am writing on something very interesting which I would like to reveal only once it gets finished.
What keeps you motivating towards writing?
When I write I totally drive myself into the story world. So it allows me to live the characters life, which is totally in my hands so the world during that period is in my control. 

How do you plan, schedule and monitor your writing commitments?

It’s difficult to manage with lots of other commitments. Writing is something which demands peace of mind. Thoughts pop out only if you aren’t stressed enough. When writing my last book it took me just 47 days since I was at home without any commitments but nowadays I feel it very difficult to write in that pace. But still I am trying to overcome it by taking some time out on weekends.

What are your future plans?

One of my drawback I feel is I hardly plan my future. I am a moody person, everything depends on my mood. I only like to do what I enjoy, rest I leave in the hands of almighty.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

First and Foremost I see to it that I put in lots of humor.
Secondly I think from a readers point of view whether they might enjoy it or not.
3. I like to write chapter wise so that it keeps the readers glued and interested and at the same time also makes me easier to write on a particular topic.

How much real life goes into a fiction writing?

Very much I feel. If you know some incidence then all you have to do is just stretch it and write it an imaginary way.

Is high level of imagination important to have for an Author?

Yes indeed. You need to imagine a lot. You just need to say lots of ‘what if’ to yourself. what if this had happened what if that was the case and so on.

Your dream destination on Earth?

I don’t have passport yet so I only travel watching the beautiful travel places on television. But my dream destination would be Paris standing under the eiffiel tower and kissing my wife.

Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?

My origin of Birth is Mumbai,India. And I feel earth is a beautiful creation of God. Any beautiful untouched nature simply created by God is what I like.

Your favorite time of the day?

Evenings before the weekends.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?

Me my wife and my son are all Virgo’s. (sounds like a good books title.. isn’t it?)

Your favorite color and why?

Pink because my wife loves it like anything and since I love her a lot I also love that colour.

What is the last book you finished reading? What is the current book you are reading?

Last book was A house for Mr Biswas and currently reaing River of smoke by Amitava Gosh

Your favorite book and why?

There are many like The white Tiger, God of Small Things, Two states and Five point someone.

Your favorite movie and why?

Choti Si baat by Amol Palekar. It’s an old bollywood movie but I love watching it many a times.

Your favorite celebrity and why?

As a child I was mad for Amitabh Bachachan and since many years now my favorate is Shahrukh Khan, knowing the way he has come up and made himself a brand without any support or background. If explaining in bollywood style, when he came to Mumbai he had only the blessings of his parents with him and probably VIP bonus banyan I guess.

Your favorite food?

Anything cooked by my mother.

Your favorite sports?

Cricket.

What is the force that drives you?

I am an introvert, so I need a push all the time, which is nicely handled by my mother and wife. They are the external forces working on me.

What comes to your mind when you think of India?

When I think of India I imagine a Mother whose children have forgotten their responsibility towards their old mother.

Some quickies: 

Sun or Moon- sun, 
Laughter or Smile- laughter, 
Morning or Evening- both, 
Coffee or Tea-Tea, 
Mountain or Sea- both, 
Long Drive or Short Drive- short drive, 
Silence or Conversation- depends on mood, 
Water or Fire- water, 
Air or Earth- Air, 
Mars or Jupiter-Jupiter, 
Tulip or Rose-Tulip, 
Red or Blue-both, 
Left or Right-Right, 
Glance or Stare-Glance

First thing you do in the morning after waking up?

Fold hands in front of God.

Last thing to do before sleep?

Fold hands in front of God.


State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote


If you want to be the best then think different from the rest.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code